ABS Aplus Black Pearl Case $89 shipped

Just said hell with it and ordered one. Now I need to decide whether I want to replace the mesh with a window or not. I'm thinking that a window with 2 x 120mm fans might not be a bad idea :).

I didn't like the mesh. I removed it and I'm just gonna leave a gaping hole in the side. A window would attract dust like a magnet and limit airflow. The mesh was good for airflow and kept projectiles out of the case, but it sortof obstructed my view into the case itself.

Was anyone able to compare this directly to the Lian Li version?

I'm not liking the sound of (possibly) thinner aluminum & poor quality anodizing...

It's going to be the same quality, atleast the $48 rocketfish was from Bestbuy.

I highly doubt they changed anything except the internal layout (slightly) and the fan controller

Was anyone able to compare this directly to the Lian Li version?

I'm not liking the sound of (possibly) thinner aluminum & poor quality anodizing...

Poor quality you say? If my camera was working, I would post a pic of me sitting on my Black Pearl. I weigh 180 lbs, mind you. The anodizing is fine as well. I think it looks quite nice. Quality is just as good as the Lian Li counterpart.

I'll be able to compare mine with a lian li v1200b II tomorrow. I'll probably post a size difference pic.

Couldn't resist.

I was gonna get something else for $119. This one though, too hard to pass up. $89 shipped is just disgusting for this much space with this kind of build quality.

You pass this up and you'll probably regret it.

Most people are right, if you can't find a use for it, you won't lose your investment in this, reselling it will net you your money back I assure you.

I got 6% from Bing just now also. We'll see if it gets pulled. Otherwise ~80

Last edited:
2.jpg

The side panel is about 2x2 feet. It dwarfs my 28" monitor, so you could probably put an HDTV in there if you really wanted :p

Poor quality you say? If my camera was working, I would post a pic of me sitting on my Black Pearl. I weigh 180 lbs, mind you. The anodizing is fine as well. I think it looks quite nice. Quality is just as good as the Lian Li counterpart.

I was just going by a few of the reviews on Newegg - that's why I put "possibly" in there:

"The major cons are a result of it being a cheaper, rebadged Lian Li PC-V2000B. These cases are so cheap because they're OEM V2000 cases that didn't make the proverbial "cut," so Tagan/Aplus bought them. There's minor interior and exterior imperfections, the annodizing isn't completely scratch-proof, and the case feels a touch flimsy without the side panels on due to the relatively thin aluminum used in the frame - but that makes it very light for how large the case is and makes it easier to cut if modding is your game."

The side panel is about 2x2 feet. It dwarfs my 28" monitor, so you could probably put an HDTV in there if you really wanted :p

But can you fit a corpse in it?...

I get mine in the mail tomorrow, and hopefully by next week I will have it all assembled.

I was thinking on top of it (and if that's a door...).

But I suppose there could be an LED TV mounted in it... I'll call Xzibit.

<---- No complaints here - just want to know what I'm getting if I choose to purchase one. :rolleyes:

Well, there hasn't been any real "Hot" deals on cases.

Full Tower.

Lian Li built.

89 dollars.

Free shipping.

All aluminum.

What do you expect to go on sale? xClio cases? :p

I hope you don't have a dog that likes to jump in open spaces.:eek:

Haha no, I live alone ;)

But can you fit a corpse in it?...

I get mine in the mail tomorrow, and hopefully by next week I will have it all assembled.

Maybe a dead baby or 2 :eek:

I was thinking on top of it (and if that's a door...).

But I suppose there could be an LED TV mounted in it... I'll call Xzibit.

Yep, thats a door next to it. As far as height goes, when the case is on the ground, it's at about the level a normal chair is off the ground, so it's quite comfortable to sit on.

Xzibit was in my town a few weeks ago actually, filming a reality show special :eek:

I was just going by a few of the reviews on Newegg - that's why I put "possibly" in there:

"The major cons are a result of it being a cheaper, rebadged Lian Li PC-V2000B. These cases are so cheap because they're OEM V2000 cases that didn't make the proverbial "cut," so Tagan/Aplus bought them. There's minor interior and exterior imperfections, the annodizing isn't completely scratch-proof, and the case feels a touch flimsy without the side panels on due to the relatively thin aluminum used in the frame - but that makes it very light for how large the case is and makes it easier to cut if modding is your game."

Lian Lis' own stuff are nothing different and have flaws. I doubt the part of making the "cut" as well.

Didn't even see this tread, just bought this case for a customer. Its sitting behind me here at my desk right now, gotta wait for the lazy bum to wake up so he can come to my work and pick it up. This thing is friggen awesome, 'Rocketfish' the next generation awesome. I was tempted, but I got my 'Rocketfish' case, thought the 8 HDD bay is really tempting.

Yeah. I put in the promo. It doesn't work.

I dunno but it says the expired date is today.

Yeah. I put in the promo. It doesn't work.

I dunno but it says the expired date is today.

I think that you can only use it once. I just tried and it said i couldnt use the code

Anyway, I just got mine and this thing is a beast but surprisingly light.

Yeah, I got mine too.

3 hours bending over backwards putting my old rig in it.

Bah.

pics! we need pics

edit: someone should create a thread in the cases subforum for the black pearl

I'll take pictures as soon as possible but my back is killiing me and I'm to lazy to drag the case out of the corner.

:p

Plus my wire management looks like someone threw snakes in them.

Got mine today...the box is big!

Taller than my puppy while he's sitting:

P8170053.jpg

And here's a picture of it next to my v1200b II:

P8170055.jpg

I already started taking out everything in the bottom. The hard drive racks just come out but the part that is connected to the case is held on with rivets. The same goes for the piece that is supposed to support a psu if you put it on the bottom.

yea i just ordered mine. It will sit in the box for a while.

Back