ABS Aplus Black Pearl Case $89 shipped

It darwfs my 23" monitor and 15" laptop. Cant wait to get the rest of my stuff so i can finish this build

P8020069.jpg

Pulled the trigger. I have been looking for an upgrade from my Armor+ . Hell, I might just have an extra case to throw another system in. Woot!

Seriously considering this case... wondering if it would be a good upgrade from my 1080b. The 1080b is nice, but I've got an extra long power supply, and it doesn't fit with the fan in there...

Not sure if I should open it, or just leave it for a while... thinkin I'll just leave it until I need it... will be fun opening a brand new case a few months or even a year or two from now.

is this will be better for air-cooled i7 system than rocketfish?

Without modding, just adding extra fans, you're going to get better airflow more easily in this than the rocketfish. It has more fan spots easily available. It wasn't hard to add a few more fans and a Kama bay to my Rockeftish, but the ABS Black Pearl already has locations for more 120mm fans than the Rocketfish. At least, it looks like it does. :D

Shit i give up ima sell my modded rocketfish and buy one of these, If someon is intersted PM me. its painted black and modded for cable management. I will put a post up tomorrow with pictures.

How is everyone configuring their fans?
Currently I have 2x Noctua P12s intaking cold from the top, and 1x Noctua P12 pushing hot air out the back (either going to use a s2183/TRUE or H50 to cool the CPU.) On the bottom I have 2x Sflex 80mms pushing hot air out above the PSU and a 120mm SFlex pulling in cool air from the bottom below the HDDs.

Definitly open to suggestion though, as the cooling setup on this case is kinda funky now.

Got mine in the mail today :D
Just finished sleeving all the wires black, and installing the window.

THE V2000 WINDOW FROM PERFORMANCE PCS FITS THIS CASE PERFECTLY.

I will hold of on transferring over my system from the v1000 after I get a new heatsink.
I do not find this case all that much larger than my v1000, neither in exterior or interior appearance (If I recall correctly the size difference is only 2-3" on two sides.)

I would really like to have the interior powdercoated (glossy white or black,) but the upper rivets that hold the MB tray in place appear to be very hard to access, so the interior may have to remain silver for the time being </3

I will post pictures tomorrow after more of the installation is complete. I still cannot believe we picked up v2000's for $89... I do not think I will ever own anything besides Lian Li's <3

If anyone knows of Corsairs H50 Hydro cooler being sold for cheaper than $79 (at amazon,) let me know as I need to order a cooler in the next couple days.
Thanks again OP :p

Not sure if I should open it, or just leave it for a while... thinkin I'll just leave it until I need it... will be fun opening a brand new case a few months or even a year or two from now.
i'd say this is a bad idea. at least open it to make sure nothing is damaged.

Last edited:
Anyone know if/where I can get those 4 stack HDD bays and if they would fit in the Rocketfish, screw holes line up? Looks like they might from that last picture.

I want to see a picture of your Fan configuration. I was thinking of pushing cold air from the back to the CPU and the top 2 fans removing the hot hair. The reason I want to do this is because by the time the cold air comes in from the top to the CPU it is already hot due to hitting the video card and all my other cards.

I want to see a picture of your Fan configuration. I was thinking of pushing cold air from the back to the CPU and the top 2 fans removing the hot hair. The reason I want to do this is because by the time the cold air comes in from the top to the CPU it is already hot due to hitting the video card and all my other cards.

This is how the cooling on this case is designed, and intuitively makes sense since hot air rises. For someone running a couple of hot graphics card it might be a worthwhile investment to pick up a plastic window from Performance-pcs.com with a couple of 120mm fan holes drilled in it to force cold air over the pcie-e slots also.

Yea it is designed that way but I just wanted to get some ideas. I tried ivandurago fan configuration and honestly the cooling is not that great. Also is anyone having problems with the Fan Controller? My fan speed automatically goes to max by itself.

I love my Rocketfish, but if you're leaning towards this one then it's a pretty good bet that the display can be disabled. If the LEDs aren't connected to a power source then it's a non-issue. :) Perhaps someone who owns one of these can confirm.
I decided to skip on this, it would've been nice to stimulate the economy but I'd rather do other things with $80-90.. like food or such though i'm still curious if anyone removed the display in case there are sales like this in the future.

Nah, the REAL deal was when a bunch of us got the Rocketfish full size tower (another Lian-Li rebadge) for $47.50 on clearance at Best Buy. ;)

Pretty similar case, though it lacks a window.
eh, i wouldnt call it similar at all, the fish didn't have very nice cooling. it was adequate, but that was it unless you modded it. mine's stock because i think it looks nicer this way, plus i like reverse atx. however, i do think that the fish was the better deal. my bestbuy charged me $53 total though.

So, what length sata cables are necessary? Is 24 enough or does it take even longer?

And what size fans fit the top of the case?

So, what length sata cables are necessary? Is 24 enough or does it take even longer?

And what size fans fit the top of the case?

The standard 10' is fine if you use the 1st slot for the 2 Drive bays. Anything lower you'll need 24' or more.

I decided to skip on this, it would've been nice to stimulate the economy but I'd rather do other things with $80-90.. like food or such though i'm still curious if anyone removed the display in case there are sales like this in the future.

I agree, I wanted to buy one but I've already got too many other cases. Even though it was a good deal, I agree with you that that's $90 I can put towards an SSD or, what I really want, a motorcycle! :D

I've jumped on too many deals from the past only to have stuff just sit around. The recent Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 for $15 is a prime example. :p

FanZ said:
eh, i wouldnt call it similar at all, the fish didn't have very nice cooling. it was adequate, but that was it unless you modded it. mine's stock because i think it looks nicer this way, plus i like reverse atx. however, i do think that the fish was the better deal. my bestbuy charged me $53 total though.

I don't know, man I'm running an overclocked 920, 5 hard drives, and two GTX 260s and all my temps are fine with the stock R-Fish cooling. It's no Antec 1200 as far as air movement, but after using a 900 for so long it was good to have a case that gave me tons of room and didn't sound like a wind tunnel.

You're right though, the Rocketfish at ~$50 was by far one of the best deals on cases that has ever existed. I didn't have a BB near me so I had to wait and pick up a used one for something like $70 + shipping, but it's still totally worth it.

Nah, the REAL deal was when a bunch of us got the Rocketfish full size tower (another Lian-Li rebadge) for $47.50 on clearance at Best Buy. ;)

Pretty similar case, though it lacks a window.

But the Rocketfish was still kind of "crude" with its interior compared to the V2000.

But the Rocketfish was still kind of "crude" with its interior compared to the V2000.

Simple and "crude" isn't always a bad thing, its very easy to get in there and work on a Rocketfish, where with a v2000 you start cutting working space for segmentation. I'm really happy with the Rocketfish, but this case is a killer deal for anyone who either wants to get something closer to an actual Lain Li or missed out on the Rocketfish deal. For custom computers, nothing beats a server case.

Just got mine. Huge but not heavy.

Cable management is looking to be a nightmare. Fun.

Anyone know if/where I can get those 4 stack HDD bays and if they would fit in the Rocketfish, screw holes line up? Looks like they might from that last picture.

I took one of the HDD Bays out of my Black pearl since I really don't need that big of a config.

I can sell it to you if you'd like.

PM me.

Just got mine today ... thanks again to OP. For the price I couldnt pass it up.:p

Also looks like Newegg dropped the price to $129 from $159 if anyone is interested who missed out on the deal....

damn did I miss out on the deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well I guess I'll just used the money I saved for a ps3 slim instead :cool:

Hehe, matches your name...

Not sure if I'd want a PS3 but new slim / cheaper price is making it more tempting.

Back