ABS Aplus Black Pearl Case $89 shipped

I got mine in yesterday, installed the board into it today. Was kinda funky as I'm used to removable motherboard tray style cases. But it's insanely large, so spacious I could have thrown the cat inside, and still had room for all my components.

I'll be finishing the build sometime next week, but so far, happy with it, for the money I don't think I could have done better. I had a few 120 x 38 fans I was gonna use (some old Panaflo's) and they won't clear in the top two fan mounts without smacking into the motherboard. So gotta use 25mm.

Got mine intoday.. wow. Its Pretty good size. Just a lil bigger then my RV-01. And has alot more room inside.

Mine's here, but I won't be doing anything with it until next week some time probably.

I did get one of these from a friend:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NV9DMC/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

I figured I could remove the Silverstone logo and it would blend right in to the Lian Li finish. Looks like a good way to get some extra air into the case (especially if I replace the mesh with a window).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Here a few pictures of my setup, sorry about the quality but I am in a hurry (In the process of moving into my new house before the semester starts again.)

I still need to:
Have interior powder coated glossy black or white
Replace cooler with H50 or TRUE
Sleeve a couple more wires

I am very impressed w/ the quality of build vs. price (was afraid it would OEM/damaged v2000s,) but mine appears to be 100% new/ free of fault.
The front LEDS/fan controller is a little lame, but I can deal with it for the price (and will probably will mod it off at some point.)

Got mine yesterday and installed everything. I don't have any fans connected to the fan controller since I have a nice sunbeam controller, but I am thinking the LED temp monitor is messed up. The LED is not reading correctly, like some of the LED lights are broken or something.

I will probably mod it later, but I am just curious if other people have had this problem?

how long of a sata cable do you recommend?

I used 24" Sata cables for all of my 4 lower hard drives. Two of the cables were long enough to run the way I liked, however two of them were too short to run behind the drive bay. I ran mine through one of the holes cut into the floor below the mobo tray.

The four lowest hard drive bays will require cables longer than 24" if you wish to run them behind the drive bay area. However you could ct out a tab behind the mobo area/ somewhere else, and possible make a 24" cable fit for all HDDs.
Got mine yesterday and installed everything. I don't have any fans connected to the fan controller since I have a nice sunbeam controller, but I am thinking the LED temp monitor is messed up. The LED is not reading correctly, like some of the LED lights are broken or something.

I will probably mod it later, but I am just curious if other people have had this problem?
Both my fan and temp leds display correctly, and worked on first boot.

LOL

not giving a shit and taking a snapshot ;)

it was pretty dark in the room as well

the 5d mark II has amazing ISO performance so basically you could have put the camera on full auto and taken a better shot. How about you take my canon rebel 300D that i have lying around here somewhere and ill trade it for your 5D mk 2 so i can do 20x30" prints instead of the 12x18" my 40D aps-c sensor is limited to

the 5d mark II has amazing ISO performance so basically you could have put the camera on full auto and taken a better shot. How about you take my canon rebel 300D that i have lying around here somewhere and ill trade it for your 5D mk 2 so i can do 20x30" prints instead of the 12x18" my 40D aps-c sensor is limited to

lol :eek:

i seriously just swung my chair around, snapshot'ed and popped the CF :)

its gonna be gone in a week anyways, waiting for the 7D

Looks like a great deal! I never even saw this thread or I prolly would have been in for one.

(With money I don't have)

lol :eek:

i seriously just swung my chair around, snapshot'ed and popped the CF :)

its gonna be gone in a week anyways, waiting for the 7D

the 7d from all rumors is showing that it will be worse than the 5D mark II... might not be though. I would love for a more affordable full frame though.

Guys, do you still think this is a deal at $130 FS? I missed out on this and am looking at the A71B for around $230.

Yeah, it's still a good deal. It's spacious, and has LL build quality. If you've never worked with a LL case, you will think to yourself "man, I'd have thrown even MORE money at this thing, it's so good."

I wish there were some removable motherboard trays, but I'm not complaining.

Anyone bought one, not wanting it, and willing to sell it to me for around 110 (20 bucks should be enough to ship this UPS ground?)
:D :D :D

Yes, I think its a good deal for $130 shipped. And don't forget the Bing cashback.

I bought one and did a few mods on it, but I don't really like it all that much. Nothing wrong with it, just not my style. I painted the interior black, and removed the HDD bays, and got a new PSU mount bracket from Lian Li. If you're interested PM me for pics and such, Dook43.

I just bought one from newegg a couple weeks back. Never used it, still sitting in the back. If anyone is near NYC or Central NJ that wants it PM me.

I bought one but realized I need the money more. It's unboxed and I poked around inside a bit but didn't do anything to it.

It's really only practical for me to sell it to someone in Houston though.

It really shouldn't cost 40 to ship this thing, so if you can beat 120 shipped, I'm interested.

Back