ABS Aplus Black Pearl Case $89 shipped

In for one as well. Looks like its shipping out of NJ. I guess no next day for me, i live in memphis

I really shouldnt be buying stuff like especially when college is starting in a few weeks.

NJ?

I hopes mine ships out of CA.

Yeah, that's what mine is showing right now. It must have changed when they restocked

Mannnnnnn.

I'll probably get it Monday then.

If its being shipped out of CA, then it'll be here Thursday or Friday.

Darn.

Curious, could we post in the Lian Li gallery or would we need to make our own separate thread. :rolleyes:

Yea mine is coming out of Cali and should be here Monday... typical Newegg shipping for me though... if I order monday I can get it friday, but I ordered tuesday night so it shipped wednesday...

Yea mine is coming out of Cali and should be here Monday... typical Newegg shipping for me though... if I order monday I can get it friday, but I ordered tuesday night so it shipped wednesday...

Remember to post pictures.

:]

Mine's on my doorstep. Has been since yesterday, and I'm not getting home til tomorrow. Hopefully nobody steals it....

One is Lian Li and one is not. I think the Diablo is pretty ugly. I think it's an aircooling beast though. Look at that fan.
The One for this thread looks plain as hell and looks like its a heat trapping bitch. If your looking for square edges and no airflow along with a base computer or server and not worrying about pushing your machine to its limits for marks or gaming like mad then I guess the advertised case is for you, but I'll tell you when you oc a e8400 to 4.1 and push two evga 9800gtx KO cards to the max you need more airflow and running just shy of 20k marks while passing up many gtx2*** rigs with I7 I can use the airflow. I'm running the older version on my game rig now and while oced to the max and running 3dmark 06 the cpu never hits above 56c on load and the gpus are around 60c. So it does its job. I'm just curious what the top fans will lower my heat down to. I don't run the computer much this time of year because my server and my finaces computer run 24/7 in this 9x11 office and if the game computer is on 5 minutes the temp in the room goes up 5+ degress because of the GTX's and thats at stock settings. :eek: I need to go hydro but don't know much about it and don't have the coin right now to make the switch from air to water. Every kit that someone lists here sells right before I see it and I work from home. Sigh oh well. :D

Mine should also arrive on Monday, I will post pictures after I complete the build :D
I plan to:
Sleeve all wiring/cables black, replace sata cables with black ones.
Replace the mesh window with a semi-transparent black acrylic one.
Replace all fans with Noctua P12's/ SFlexs
Cut out unneeded metal, reverse hard drive bays, drill out rivets, and possibly cut hole in middle divider to fit a s1283/TRUE (if I do not use a H50)
Powder coat interior either glossy white or black (possibly matte black)

I have ordered everything aside from the CPU cooler (have not made up my mind on what to use), and may still order a sound dampening material if I am not pleased with initial results.

I am basically transporting my current rig into this and adding Harddrives and future proofing (would like to watercool eventually)
Glad to be of service :D

This is an addictive and expensive hobby.
At least this forum points out great deals and has helps make very informed decisions on hardware.
Thanks again for post/ picking out my new case :p

Last edited:
Nice ideas. I'm planning on:
Remove both HDD bays
Move my 1 HDD to a bay converter underneath my DVD drive
Paint interior matte black
Paint exterior gloss white
Reusing Xigmatek White LED fans (2 top, 1 rear, 1 front)
Cut as many holes as necessary for wires
That's it for now.

I just want it to go out of stock or for the promo code to not work... there's no reason for me to buy this, but I still want it... just in-case... =/

Dunno what I'll do with this one...

With you on this. If I hadn't just bit on the Antec 900 from Best Buy, maybe this could sit next to my Rocketifsh...

OMG IN FOR ONE. I am building a v1000 right now, and it's too small LOL.

I LOVE YOU GUYS. I was contemplating buying a v2000.

Edit:

I also noticed the hard drive cages are using a different mounting system versus the original vx000 series cases, can anyone comment on how it works?

(For reference, I have 10 HDDs in my current build, which is why I'm getting so frustrated with this build... will be running RAID5, so the cabling is going to get a little nuts..)

It is OEM V2000 but it does have the small features that ABS put into it.

Maybe it will be similar to the 3:4 converter I bought for the 5.25 bays, they use rubber grommets as well. Silence is nice ;)

I'm not really liking the slightly tacky front panel LCD, but we'll see what happens. I might not even transition to this case right away. I might live with the v1000, it looks so badass and classy. I might reserve this case for a watercooling project ;)

Maybe it will be similar to the 3:4 converter I bought for the 5.25 bays, they use rubber grommets as well. Silence is nice ;)

I'm not really liking the slightly tacky front panel LCD, but we'll see what happens. I might not even transition to this case right away. I might live with the v1000, it looks so badass and classy. I might reserve this case for a watercooling project ;)

What's wrong with the LCD?

It looks much better then the ones you would have to buy.

;)

What's wrong with the LCD?

It looks much better then the ones you would have to buy.

;)

It's just a little cheap looking to me. I quit buying "light up" cases several years ago, one of the reasons I've always liked the LL V series (1000, 1200, 2000) was because they are sleeper cases. You can really appreciate how beautiful they are if you look at them, but they don't scream out for attention. That, and they're freaking awesome (build quality).

Edit: I also sleep in the same room as my computer, having an orange LED on in a dark room is surprisingly annoying.

I mean, for 89 bucks, I don't think it's much to complain about, right?

I mean, if you don't like it, you can always mod it.

I mean, for 89 bucks, I don't think it's much to complain about, right?

I mean, if you don't like it, you can always mod it.

No problem discussing it :) If i hated it THAT much, i wouldn't have just ordered one ;) (I'll live with it)

Update: Looks like Bing cashback is at 10%, I missed out, hopefully you guys can cash in.

It's just a little cheap looking to me. I quit buying "light up" cases several years ago, one of the reasons I've always liked the LL V series (1000, 1200, 2000) was because they are sleeper cases. You can really appreciate how beautiful they are if you look at them, but they don't scream out for attention. That, and they're freaking awesome (build quality).

I think the LCD spoils the clean look of the front. It looks fine, just out of place.

I also dislike the front lcd that was added, and it almost kept me from purchasing it, however for $89 I could live with it and remove it later with a mod.

I currently have a v1000b, but it was damaged when it was shipped to me and its flawless nature makes the damages unbearable to look at.

I doubt I will buy anything but Lian Li cases ever, I have owned two v1000bs and now will have a v2000b. The only case I would choose over either is the x500b (or maybe the v1110/2100b.) Although Silverstone has a few cases that I think look nearly as good (just the couple plastic parts kill me.)

Good deal but that case is too dang big. I'd only get it if I needed to stick a radiator inside.

Got one. $89.99 and $9.60 from Bing.

Now... how would I go about replacing the bottom HD cages with a stock V2000 (w/o buying a V2000)? 12 drives vs. 8 drives = a lot of pr0n.

I got a coin and if it was heads I would get the case.

Flipped it and it landed on tails. Oh well.

Back