ABS Aplus Black Pearl Case $89 shipped

SO Broke and so could use this case for a server.. humm sell my 1.5tb ext drive...:D

i just got mine. so far, i'm liking it a lot more than my v2000. there are some small things that they improved on. the only thing i'm not liking is the type of screws they used to attach the fans. the v2000 had these plastic screws that you just popped it. the ones that came with this are just regular screws. other than that, this thing is awesome.

i just got mine. so far, i'm liking it a lot more than my v2000. there are some small things that they improved on. the only thing i'm not liking is the type of screws they used to attach the fans. the v2000 had these plastic screws that you just popped it. the ones that came with this are just regular screws. other than that, this thing is awesome.

You must post pictures!

I don't see why you'd want to swap in the inferior hard mount racks from the V2000 over the soft rubber mount racks in the ABS. The soft mounts are what Lian Li uses in their new cases. The plastic mounts have been phased out.

Wish they made a smaller version...THIS CASE IS TOOOOOOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIIGGGGG! Why would you want a case the size of Shaq's foot.:mad:

These are the HDD mounts from the V2000 (you would need 2 pairs for $40 before shipping). They should work in the ABS case, but you may need to tap a few holes for the screws.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210&products_id=20584
Thanks. Hopefully they'll still have these in stock in the "future", but ouch $40 to replace :X

I don't see why you'd want to swap in the inferior hard mount racks from the V2000 over the soft rubber mount racks in the ABS. The soft mounts are what Lian Li uses in their new cases. The plastic mounts have been phased out.
Cuz it supports 4 extra drives over the cages. Shoved in a closet away from me, rarely ever seen again, the dampening properties of a mount becomes a non-issue.

Wish they made a smaller version...THIS CASE IS TOOOOOOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIIGGGGG! Why would you want a case the size of Shaq's foot.:mad:
That would be the V1XXX series?

Pssst... it ain't that big.

p1010445qi7.jpg

wow, nice case + window mod. why not mount radiator inside?

Damnit...

This deal made me pull the trigger and I already have a rocketfish, lian li rebadge, case for my main rig. I also have a frag box rig with the raidmax's aluminum ice CUBE case.

Oh well, I might just resale it later on ebay, or put together another rig. Sheesh.

This is so tempting. Too bad I've already got a cosmos 1000. This is just as big as that. Plenty of room inside to work with.

After setting mine up I decided to sit on top of it. I weigh 180 lbs, and it didn't even teeter. Sturdy as a rock.

well... damnit. If i could log into Newegg. I would buy this already! For some reason, i cant log in.

edit: And yes, i restarted my PC, Cleared my cookies, enabled Java script, AND refreshed the page, 412 times. Still no luck. Which is weird because i go to the site daily.

Its all aluminum, very well built, light for its size, and indistinguishable from a "real" Lian Li. It makes my PC-A70B look dull and stodgy next to it. I'm not too crazy about the mesh grill on the side but that can be replaced very easily with no cutting required. Now I need ideas to place a couple radiators if I decide to make it my main rig.

Its all aluminum, very well built, light for its size, and indistinguishable from a "real" Lian Li. It makes my PC-A70B look dull and stodgy next to it. I'm not too crazy about the mesh grill on the side but that can be replaced very easily with no cutting required. Now I need ideas to place a couple radiators if I decide to make it my main rig.

You can buy the window for around 20 bucks!

:]

Does it Blend? :D

I will find out on Monday for sure (when my case arrives,) but after looking at the window that has arrived and lots of pics of the Black Pearl there should be no reason it will not. I just appears they replaced the window w/ mesh as a cost saving measure and a way to deal with a common damaged feature on the v2000 OEMs.

Wow, how is this not dead? I'm seriously contemplating this, even though like many others in this thread I do not "need" it. I love that it has 8 3.5" bays. I have too many HDDs! But then I'd have to buy the Gigabyte board with 10 SATA ports, heh. Or a SATA card for my P6T. Damn...

Whats equally amazing is the amount of warehouse space newegg has for all these cases.
(im thinking along the lines of the famous Indiana Jones warehouse seen :D )

More like Area-51!

this or the rocketfish, opinions? i hate the front display but i like the reverse atx better. i cant decide

this or the rocketfish, opinions? i hate the front display but i like the reverse atx better. i cant decide

I love my Rocketfish, but if you're leaning towards this one then it's a pretty good bet that the display can be disabled. If the LEDs aren't connected to a power source then it's a non-issue. :) Perhaps someone who owns one of these can confirm.

i dont get how they can sell these for $90. when you figure that shipping is probably at least $20, that makes $70 for them. if lian li is selling the same for $250, then are they really making $180+ off each one? whatever the case may be, this is a sweet deal. too bad i hate full towers. :\

Back