Post your Mobile Devices!

Had a D807 for a while until about a month ago, when it decided to stop working. When I would slide the phone up, it took anywhere from 20 seconds and up for the screen to kick on, and then eventually stopped working completely. Calls would only work on it half of the time as well.

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

Broke just in time for my upgrade though, haha, so I decided on the Blackjack II. I upgraded it to WM 6.1 as well. I love it. Best phone I've had, though it's also my first smartphone, so that's probably part of it, haha. Definitely a nice phone though, and not too expensive with the upgrade.

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

(^ One of my favorite things about it :). Best part is Garmin doesn't use the internet at all, unlike Google Maps and such, so there are no data charges for using it.)

And lastly, my trusty old 5.5G iPod. Held up pretty well over the years. Changed the faceplate once on it. The only thing that doesn't work is the headphone and hold switch. Something messed the switch up, and the iPod would get stuck on hold and I couldn't do anything, so my only choice was to take it apart and remove the ribbon cable which connects the headphone out and hold switch to the mainboard. For most that would be the end of the iPod, haha, but everything I use it with uses the dock connector, so it didn't really matter to me. I also ended up painting the back of it a few months back. I actually like it a lot more than the metal look to be honest.

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

Please excuse the VERY BAD PICTURE QUALITY - I REALLY need a new camera :(
Anyhow, these are my two devices that go where I go: The Motorola RAZR V3 and the Zune 30GB:
001mg6.jpg

i guess ill try to keep this alive and post more pics of my phone
same pics as i posted on howardsforum
100_2492.jpg

100_2493.jpg

100_2494.jpg

100_2504.jpg

100_2501.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0466copy.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

Always wanted to import a Japanese phone, but having the data portion being unusable has really held me back. Looks pretty good though.

data work since its fully unlocked
Oh? I was looking through NTT docomo's phones and a few worked overseas, but it was horribly slow (and it still wasn't very usable due to their imode thing). Which carrier normally offers that phone? Mind explaining a bit more? Maybe I can get a Fujitsu F-01A after all.

Oh? I was looking through NTT docomo's phones and a few worked overseas, but it was horribly slow (and it still wasn't very usable due to their imode thing). Which carrier normally offers that phone? Mind explaining a bit more? Maybe I can get a Fujitsu F-01A after all.

well that i have is the sharp 9020c which is sharps chinese version of the Softbank 923sh.
it supports edge, mms and such.
basicly most of the Docomo phones aren't release else where. Sharp is the only one to release some of its phones outside of japan and Fujitsu just release a unlocked f905i.

well that i have is the sharp 9020c which is sharps chinese version of the Softbank 923sh.
basicly most of the Docomo phones aren't release else where. Sharp is the only one to release some of its phones outside of japan and Fujitsu just release a unlocked f905i.

where did you get your phone from? and for how much? and will it work with att?

Broke just in time for my upgrade though, haha, so I decided on the Blackjack II. I upgraded it to WM 6.1 as well. I love it. Best phone I've had, though it's also my first smartphone, so that's probably part of it, haha. Definitely a nice phone though, and not too expensive with the upgrade.

AT&T replaced my original Blackjack with this when I cracked the screen and I hate it. The gloss finish attracts scratches and fingerprints like there's no tomorrow so I really don't know why they got rid of the rubberized plastic, which for me, was the main selling point of the original Blackjack. aside from thinness. It also freezes quite often and randomly powers itself down for whatever reason. :mad:

Ah, makes sense. After looking at the pics again, I finally noticed that it had no hiragana labels on the keys. How much did it run you? I'm guessing around $450ish?

where did you get your phone from? and for how much? and will it work with att?
got it on ebay, and yes it will work with ATT

Ah, makes sense. After looking at the pics again, I finally noticed that it had no hiragana labels on the keys. How much did it run you? I'm guessing around $450ish?
got it for about $700 but i did sell my year old 1st gen iphone for $350 so the overhead wasnt that much.

AT&T replaced my original Blackjack with this when I cracked the screen and I hate it. The gloss finish attracts scratches and fingerprints like there's no tomorrow so I really don't know why they got rid of the rubberized plastic, which for me, was the main selling point of the original Blackjack. aside from thinness. It also freezes quite often and randomly powers itself down for whatever reason. :mad:

Yeah, the gloss can be a magnet for fingerprints and such. I like the texture of the red version of the phone (picture of red BJII). It's much better. I don't know why they didn't make them all like that. As far as the freezing and powering off, though, I've never had the problem. Mine's been solid since I got it. Did you update it to Windows Mobile 6.1? Maybe that would work better for you. I'd do it anyways, it's much nicer, especially the look of the home screen and such. Go here for more info on it.

Whoa that red is pretty sick. I didn't know they made it like that!

Yeah, I like it a lot. I was actually just looking around, because it got me thinking, and I'm thinking about ordering the back housing parts for the red version and doing a little paint job to make it match, so I'll have the nice texture of the red version, but in black, :D haha. I'll be sure to post some pics if/when I do this.

LG 1500 -> Samsung D807 -> Nokia e71 (Love this thing. :D )

Hell of a step up. New 3 year plan, and it cost me 30 bucks. Beautiful.

I just bought a Sony Ericsson W760i... To replace the W580i...

w760isilvertg0.jpg

Anyone knows how much the GPS portion cost to use?

GPS Usage cost should only be under data that is used to download the maps so if you have a data plan, you are set. Call your provider to double check though.

iPhone and Sony VAIO vgn-sz750n/c. Pretty good laptop, but Sony really dicks around with the hardware and installs a shit load of software. I had to reformat it, now it seems twice as fast. Only problem are the drivers, Sony likes to lock down their installers so that only the unmodified OS can run them...at least they used to. Though last night the drivers installed just fine so they updated the installers I guess to allow any Vista to run them. I can play most games on it's 8400, and when in classes I can turn that off and reboot into Intel graphics which gives me a 30% better or so battery life. Still, only about 3 hours maximum, but it's light and works...now to get a MacBook Pro...creating my own iPhone apps has me intrigued and the wife is supposed to have one for me on our anniversary. Been unable to get the Sony to run the flavors of osx86 properly...I gave up and will pay the piper I suppose!

Sprint gave me one to tool around with and show the customers. It's actually quite nice for a WinMo phone, though I'm still a blackberry guy at heart.

ProFull.jpg

it was supposed to be available on 1/25, it looks like 2/15 now. I have to say, this is the first phone I've seen that makes me not hate WinMo. It works pretty damn well.

mogul running dcd 3.3.4 rom, literally 4 times faster at everything over stock sprint rom.

Back