Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady)

This game is clearly an epic failure for Rocksteady. Not sure who thought that floating around and shooting guns was something that Batman Arkham fans were interested in. I actually think that Gotham Knights had a better vision but the execution was lacking. A multiplayer Arkham Knight would have been a massive hit so I'm hoping that Rocksteady gets a chance to make something like that in the future (if WB keeps them around after this mess).

This game is clearly an epic failure for Rocksteady. Not sure who thought that floating around and shooting guns was something that Batman Arkham fans were interested in. I actually think that Gotham Knights had a better vision but the execution was lacking. A multiplayer Arkham Knight would have been a massive hit so I'm hoping that Rocksteady gets a chance to make something like that in the future (if WB keeps them around after this mess).
IMO, the studio is done. I would expect an announcement in the next few months.

it'll be 50% off in record time...same way Gotham Knights dropped in price...the single player story doesn't sound terrible so I'd pick it up for cheap but with so many big open world games coming out in the next few months that I'm interested in I won't buy it until late 2024 at the earliest

That is the problem these days. When the games industry was younger studio reputation meant more. A studio that has been in business for 15-20 years likely has had most of the people leave and an ownership change. We see it all the time. A good studio puts out a few games, they either get big, bought out, or key people leave. Their next few games don't live up to the originals.

I really don't blame the studio in this case. I think they got managed to death by WB Games which is why the founders left early on into this game, etc. I really doubt they wanted to make a live service BS game like this by choice. Either way, WB Games did a great job of killing off their best development studio and game franchise. It's done now.

That is the problem these days. When the games industry was younger studio reputation meant more. A studio that has been in business for 15-20 years likely has had most of the people leave and an ownership change. We see it all the time. A good studio puts out a few games, they either get big, bought out, or key people leave. Their next few games don't live up to the originals.

some of my favorite studios- BioWare, Rocksteady, Arkane...hopefully From Software doesn't ever get bought out

some of my favorite studios- BioWare, Rocksteady, Arkane...hopefully From Software doesn't ever get bought out
Japanese studio, unless they go the way of Konami and make more money on slot machines I doubt they’ll have issues.

From was bought out a while ago. Kadokawa bought them around a decade ago, then Tencent, followed by Sony, purchased a stake in FS from Kadokawa.

From was bought out a while ago. Kadokawa bought them around a decade ago, then Tencent, followed by Sony, purchased a stake in FS from Kadokawa.
1708961289731.png

Gotham Knights was WB Montreal, who also had an exodus of employees over the last handful of years.

To be fair, my comments could just add easily be applied to Arkham Origins and WB Montreal as well. While not the best game in the series it was still pretty good.

I'm sure it contributed, but the amount of poor design decisions like online only, general gameplay, and it being a "live service" were not influenced by them. It is just a bad game.
Exactly. All that crap company does is basically just look a characters and go “make this one a black lesbian”. They don’t have much to do with core game design though.

I'll pick up a copy at $25
If they somehow massively improve things with the new seasons I might consider it, but I really don't see that happening. The game really never sold well to begin with at the absurd $70 price, and they sure as shit aren't getting decent money through the live service BS. I expect the game will be functionally dead by the summer just like Anthem.

40% off on Steam ($42).

37 days and already 40% off. Must have broken a record, even if the heyday of Steam sales. Now the plan was likely always to make most of the profit from micro transactions but they priced it $70 for a reason. This is such a flop I'm amazed that 70% of Steam reviews are positive.

37 days and already 40% off. Must have broken a record, even if the heyday of Steam sales. Now the plan was likely always to make most of the profit from micro transactions but they priced it $70 for a reason. This is such a flop I'm amazed that 70% of Steam reviews are positive.
The reviews are a complete fabrication IMO. It just doesn't add up.

Sony is offering refunds for the PS5 version for the first time in console history.

https://www.gamingbible.com/news/pl...ing-full-refunds-for-aaa-game-396300-20240305
Sony offered refunds to those who purchased the console version of Cyberpunk 2077 at launch back in 2020. It says right in the article title you linked. They're also required by law to offer refunds for up to 14 days after purchase regardless if you played the game or not. Sony just makes that process as painful as they can get away with.

Sony offered refunds to those who purchased the console version of Cyberpunk 2077 at launch back in 2020. It says right in the article title you linked. They're also required by law to offer refunds for up to 14 days after purchase regardless if you played the game or not. Sony just makes that process as painful as they can get away with.

In the US, there is no legal requirement for refunds of digital goods. Sony started offering refunds after tons of pressure from consumers and the media. There are legal requirements in countries that actually give a fuck about consumer rights, but not here.

Hilariously sad that AAA studios are consistently dunking on gamers by selling garbage games priced af $70 - Starfield, Redfall, this one, and surely some others I'm not aware of. Far better off buying 2 or 3 indie games or older games at like $20 each

Hilariously sad that AAA studios are consistently dunking on gamers by selling garbage games priced af $70 - Starfield, Redfall, this one, and surely some others I'm not aware of. Far better off buying 2 or 3 indie games or older games at like $20 each
Starfield wasn't great, but I at least got 100 hours out of it, and it was a largely playable game with an average Bethesda experience.

This game is just garbage.

Back