Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady)

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Rocksteady has confirmed an earlier report that it is working on a Suicide Squad game...in a tweet showing an image of a decrepit-looking Superman with a target on his head, the Batman Arkham developer revealed the Suicide Squad game will be announced on August 22nd during the DC Fandome event...

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/status/1291720790447136768

SS.jpg

Last edited:
Ideally you would want to be Harley Quinn trying to take out Superman maybe throw some Kryptonite at him.

I hope the rumors of this being a GaaS title are wrong...Rocksteady absolutely nailed the Batman trilogy...you can tell they were real fans of the comics and Batman mythology...if Suicide Squad is another GaaS title then it's pretty much the DC version of the upcoming Avengers game...Crystal Dynamics is another developer who did an amazing job with the Tomb Raider reboot and decided to go to the dark side...Rocksteady was one of my favorite developers after the Arkham games, lets hope they haven't lost their touch

Rocksteady reacts to staff harassment claims

A report in the Guardian today paints a sorry picture of Rocksteady's company culture...in 2018 more than half of the women working at the studio signed a letter describing a pattern of misogynistic harassment including claims of groping, unwanted advances, "slurs regarding the [transgender] community" and inappropriate comments in the office...reportedly the company tried to remedy this with one hour-long seminar, but one of the letter's signatories, who remains anonymous, passed the letter to the Guardian claiming that the culture at Rocksteady has not changed in the intervening years

The signatory pointed to Rocksteady's output as an indication of the problematic attitudes present within the studio...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...teady-accused-of-lack-of-action-on-harassment

Rocksteady reacts to staff harassment claims

A report in the Guardian today paints a sorry picture of Rocksteady's company culture...in 2018 more than half of the women working at the studio signed a letter describing a pattern of misogynistic harassment including claims of groping, unwanted advances, "slurs regarding the [transgender] community" and inappropriate comments in the office...reportedly the company tried to remedy this with one hour-long seminar, but one of the letter's signatories, who remains anonymous, passed the letter to the Guardian claiming that the culture at Rocksteady has not changed in the intervening years

Rocksteady shares employee letter defending its response to 2018 abuse allegations

https://www.pcgamer.com/rocksteady-...nding-its-response-to-2018-abuse-allegations/

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Official Reveal Trailer

looking good...looks like Rocksteady haven't lost their touch...you can already see the improved dialogue compared to the upcoming Gotham Knights game...even though the reveal was purely cinematic with no gameplay footage, the graphics look next-gen (in terms of character models and facial animation)...

coming in 2022 for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X...

Last edited:
I hate these reveal trailers when the game is still 2 years away from release...what has Rocksteady been doing the past 5 years ever since Arkham Knight was released?!

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League and Gotham Knights confirmed for DC Fandome

Both games will be shown off on October 16th...

I hope the rumors of this being a GaaS title are wrong...Rocksteady absolutely nailed the Batman trilogy.
Except for Arkham Knight's shitty Dark Knight Returns inspired ending. I wish people would stop copying certain aspects of that story.

Premise and graphics look awesome. Fingers crossed they don't fuck it up like they did with Arkham Knight.

Looks good but still no gameplay. I really like the animated Injustice movie they recently released.

There is a game I actually would want. That isn't Japanese or a Bandai Namco JRPG.

Last edited:
2022: Elden Ring, God of War (PC), Dying Light 2, Uncharted Collection (PC), Forspoken, System Shock remake, Atomic Heart, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Kill the Justice League, Gotham Knights, Witcher 3 RTX
PS5: Horizon: Forbidden West, God of War: Ragnarok

can we just declare it the best year of all time for gaming!

Last edited:
2022: Elden Ring, God of War (PC), Dying Light 2, Uncharted Collection (PC), Forspoken, System Shock remake, Atomic Heart, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Kill the Justice League, Gotham Knights,
PS5: Horizon: Forbidden West, God of War: Ragnarok

can we just declare it the best year of all time for gaming!
We deserve one after the turd the last two years been in gaming.

I loved the Rocksteady Arkham games but something about this doesn't look as good...I'm hoping for the best though

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Official Gameplay Trailer

I loved the Rocksteady Arkham games but something about this doesn't look as good...I'm hoping for the best though

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Official Gameplay Trailer

Ja, I'm not digging the style at all, art or gameplay.

Rumor: Suicide Squad game delayed until 2023

according to a new report from Bloomberg’s usually reliable Jason Schreier, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League has been “quietly” delayed to 2023 by Warner Bros. Interactive...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...uicide-squad-video-game-is-delayed-until-2023
Now confirmed. If Jason Schreier wasn't a piece of shit, I may actually listen to what he has to say from time to time.

https://nitter.domain.glass/Seftonhill/status/1506632960858021902
1648045273810.png

EDIT: Actionsack was removed from the Nitter instances. Updating link.

Last edited:
I think the game was suppose to be out already so it got mixed in the lot from China.

Wow, pretty shocking news...hopefully this is not bad news as far as development of the Suicide Squad game...

Rocksteady co-founders are leaving the studio just months ahead of Suicide Squad's release

Rocksteady Studios co-founders Sefton Hill and Jamie Walker will be leaving the studio at the end of 2022, just months before the expected release of its next game, Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League...despite the upbeat tone of the announcement, the timing of their departure has caused concern among some Rocksteady fans...there's been some chaos at WBIE thanks to a 2022 merger with Discovery that saw the sale of at least one Warner-owned game studio and the cancellation of numerous television shows and movies, most notably Batgirl, which was well into post-production when the plug was pulled

Unsurprisingly, some fans saw the impending departure as bad news for Suicide Squad, and Rocksteady as a whole...

https://www.pcgamer.com/rocksteady-...-just-months-ahead-of-suicide-squads-release/

https://www.rocksteadyltd.com/news/letter/

Last edited:
Wow, pretty shocking news...hopefully this is not bad news as far as development of the Suicide Squad game...

Rocksteady co-founders are leaving the studio just months ahead of Suicide Squad's release

Rocksteady Studios co-founders Sefton Hill and Jamie Walker will be leaving the studio at the end of 2022, just months before the expected release of its next game, Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League...despite the upbeat tone of the announcement, the timing of their departure has caused concern among some Rocksteady fans...there's been some chaos at WBIE thanks to a 2022 merger with Discovery that saw the sale of at least one Warner-owned game studio and the cancellation of numerous television shows and movies, most notably Batgirl, which was well into post-production when the plug was pulled

Unsurprisingly, some fans saw the impending departure as bad news for Suicide Squad, and Rocksteady as a whole...

https://www.pcgamer.com/rocksteady-...-just-months-ahead-of-suicide-squads-release/

https://www.rocksteadyltd.com/news/letter/
Batgirl was so bad. My being a massive Batman/DC fan I couldn't even watch a full episode. It lacked so much not even worth discussing. Ugh. Disappointed. A Zoey Kravitz Catwomen would have been a thousand times better.

Looking forward to Suicide Squad but because of the miserable launch of Gotham Knights I'm not jumping in head first. Going to wait for reviews and the price to drop to 20.

Batgirl was so bad. My being a massive Batman/DC fan I couldn't even watch a full episode. It lacked so much not even worth discussing. Ugh. Disappointed. A Zoey Kravitz Catwomen would have been a thousand times better.
What Batgirl show? You mean Batwoman? The Batgirl being referenced was the movie that was cancelled that was in post production and was just about done that was suppose to be released on HBO Max.

Yeah that Batwoman show wasn't good I tried to get through S1 to give it a chance but I just couldn't get into it.

I wonder what Sefton Hill's departure is going to mean going forward for Rocksteady...will Kill the Justice League be their final hurrah?...their legacy will always be the Arkham games...hopefully they can continue to make great games and evolve beyond Batman

Looking forward to Suicide Squad but because of the miserable launch of Gotham Knights I'm not jumping in head first. Going to wait for reviews and the price to drop to 20.

The CW shows have never had the best actors in the world (you could literally watch Stephen Amell reading his lines off cue-cards in every closeup), but maaaan Ruby Rose was horrifically bad. Just watch those scenes of her Batwoman confronting Conroy's evil Bruce in the Crisis crossover. Conroy does his best to elevate the scenes, but Rose is so damn bad. Apparently the woman that took over as Batwoman after Rose left was better, but I was so turned off by the show (and, really, the entire CW DC verse) by then that I never gave it a chance.

Kate Kane is such a really cool and interesting character that it almost hurts to see how badly she was written and acted in Batwoman.

Right Batwoman my bad lol it was a pain to watch that show I tried so hard but couldn't do it.

Leaked Suicide Squad image appears to confirm battle pass and more

The image, which originated on the 4chan forum and has been verified by a VGC source, is understood to originate from a recent test build, and shows various menus planned for the Rocksteady co-op game...the battle pass and multiple currencies shown in the image have inspired debate on social media about how extensive the live service elements will be for the title

However, a development source told VGC that while a battle pass is planned for the game, it will be focused on cosmetic items such as skins...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...mage-appears-to-confirm-battle-pass-and-more/

Leaked Suicide Squad image appears to confirm battle pass and more

The image, which originated on the 4chan forum and has been verified by a VGC source, is understood to originate from a recent test build, and shows various menus planned for the Rocksteady co-op game...the battle pass and multiple currencies shown in the image have inspired debate on social media about how extensive the live service elements will be for the title

However, a development source told VGC that while a battle pass is planned for the game, it will be focused on cosmetic items such as skins...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...mage-appears-to-confirm-battle-pass-and-more/
People need to stop waving away things like this because it's "just" cosmetics. The mechanic of the battle pass necessitates that game mechanics be built around servicing it. It's also why we went from $0.99 horse armor to $40 shirts.

People need to stop waving away things like this because it's "just" cosmetics. The mechanic of the battle pass necessitates that game mechanics be built around servicing it. It's also why we went from $0.99 horse armor to $40 shirts.

I'm sad for Rocksteady...no wonder co-founders Sefton Hill and Jamie Walker announced their departure from the company a few months ago

Lol are they really going to implement a battle pass into Suicide Squad? I don't understand is this going to be a FPS shooter game online? Like adding new maps and content with team based objectives?

Back