Post your LAN Party pics!

Intel LANfest at the Aloha Campus in Oregon - Feb 28th (next one March 28th at Intel Dupont Campus, WA). I am a judge of the CPU Mag mod contest at both events as well as at PDXLANs and PAX.

I make it to the Dupont ones regularly. Though we never seem to associate much, for what it's worth. :(

The prizes at the Intel LAN fests are great, I generally go with a group of guys, and the last two times we went, one of us took home a $800+ CPU...

i guess he forgot about the thread again... :D

Haha! Probably did. :D

No - I didn't.

I just gotta organize em....

Here's a taste:

2weh2cg.jpg

My buddy went to sleep and got stuck with my wife's pink polka dot blanket.

CPL circa something like around 2004 or so... DFI sent us to play some COD for them in Texas (and pimp their new boards).
DSC00051.jpg

Yeah... we all thought we were tough back then because we played video games "professionally". lol

Lol @ the serious business dude up front. :D

LOL, no kidding. Don't mess with that guy, he is e-serious.

How come when ever there is a gathering of nerds, why do they wear badges around their necks? You see this at Lan parties.. Apple stores..etc. People wear these badges that seem to not really serve any purpose other than some sense of "belonging" to the group of other nerds with the same badges on their necks.

A few of the lan parties I've been to you had to wear the lanyard/badge somewhere visible. Some jobs also require you to wear them, which I've seen occur mostly in the tech industry.

No - I didn't.

I just gotta organize em....

Here's a taste:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2weh2cg.jpg[/IMG

My buddy went to sleep and got stuck with my wife's pink polka dot blanket.[/QUOTE]

still organizing?

you wear the badges around the neck because that's the easiest way for them to be visable. it's an easy way for the organizers to tell the difference between someone who is supposed to be there and those who are not. you don't want some random person walking in off of the street walking away with your stuff do you? it happens.

No - just too busy and a tad bit lazy to upload them. :rolleyes:

sure....

I will see if I have any I haven't already posted....

Edit, well all the pics I had posted I had moved, so I will put them below!

100_0701.jpg

100_0705.jpg

IMG_0002-3.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Last edited:
Never been to a big LAN party...Do you guys usually see people lugging in their Eyefinity setups (3 monitors)?

Just wondering because if I ever go to one, and I had to use only one of my monitors, that's a major adjustment. 5296x1050 to 1680x1050 :(

Never been to a big LAN party...Do you guys usually see people lugging in their Eyefinity setups (3 monitors)?

Just wondering because if I ever go to one, and I had to use only one of my monitors, that's a major adjustment. 5296x1050 to 1680x1050 :(

There were two setup at the last Intel Lanfest I went to. Maybe you should checkout a lan that Darthbeavis goes to. I can recommend PDXLan.

I think most lans only allow a certain amount of deskspace, besides I would rather carry only one monitor.... :)

lol, i've got the desertbash coming up at the end of this month here, so expect some good shots in a month!

lol so do I, thankfully 99% of the time I host it.. but if someone else is, I bring my chair as well!

Desertbash in Phoenix, AZ last month...

Console party!
Consoles.jpg

$300 case and...well, um yeah, we're going to ignore that cooler there little buddy.
Corsair800D.jpg

Bigass TV @ a LAN party...$600 and lots of sweat. Singleplayer game @ a LAN party...$50 and an unlimited amount shame. Having a big enough screen to game AND use a cheat guide...priceless.
IMG_3537.jpg

This guy has had streamers above the water cooler @ previous LAN's. :D
lol-2.jpg

I liked this one better. :p
Usercase1.jpg

Dude that one a 980x...yeah, he got an extreme proc the year before too. :(
mmmmmprizes.jpg

I didn't really care for this in 3D @ all. However Dirt 2 played regularly over 3 identical and very nice looking monitors on 3 480GTX was an "OH SHIT YES" moment in my gaming career.
Nvidia3DVision.jpg

TriSLIGTX480.jpg

All that GPU power...and it was only used for an overclocking contest featuring...superPi. :D
QuadFire5870.jpg

...and he's spent.
sleepy.jpg

It was given out individually. They had a few 980x's, a 960, 920 or 930, some boards, a rampage 2 extreme, a couple SSD's, some cool cases, and everyone's favorite prize...the laptop cooler!

I got 2 t-shirts, but don't wear them because they've got that really heavy, tittie rubbing feel from the labels/designs plastered all over the place.

are there any lan gaming in Mass? I've never been to one, but would like to/

Back