Lenovo Legion Pro 7i 13900HX RTX4080 32GB 1TB - $2202.03

Well, I bit. I'll have it Friday and maybe make a thread in the mobile subforum if anyone is interested in hearing about it.

Up until now I've only used 300 nit ips displays, so I'm really hoping to be wowed with this one.

Well, I bit. I'll have it Friday and maybe make a thread in the mobile subforum if anyone is interested in hearing about it.

Up until now I've only used 300 nit ips displays, so I'm really hoping to be wowed with this one.
Wait what? Which one? From where? How much? Which exact model specs? Congrats btw!

Wait what? Which one? From where? How much? Which exact model specs? Congrats btw!
The Acer with the mini LED. Someone on slickdeals got theirs and can confirm it is the correct screen and not a model mixup.

For anyone interested in the Lenovo, I saw that the 4090 model is back in stock. With rakuten/id.me and whatnot apparently it comes down to about $2350. Great deal there too, but I really want to experience a nicer screen for once.

If only the Lenovo was combined with a mini LED....

This whole mini-led thing is giving me buyers remorse. Just kidding! :p This thing is great for what I need!

This whole mini-led thing is giving me buyers remorse. Just kidding! :p This thing is great for what I need!
Who knows, maybe I'm getting my hopes up for nothing. If it doesn't blow my mind I'm returning it for maybe the Lenovo 4090 model that's the same price lol.

*Edit* Thanks for being a good sport and allowing the discussion of other laptops even if off topic. It's been good talking through some comparisons.

The Acer with the mini LED. Someone on slickdeals got theirs and can confirm it is the correct screen and not a model mixup.

For anyone interested in the Lenovo, I saw that the 4090 model is back in stock. With rakuten/id.me and whatnot apparently it comes down to about $2350. Great deal there too, but I really want to experience a nicer screen for once.

If only the Lenovo was combined with a mini LED....
Incredible. If I didn't just complete my purchase for my backup rig I was considering the mini led acer as well. I had to pick my poison and it ended up being a $2k backup rig with a air cooled 4090 12700k and Asus Strix board. I didn't wanna spend that much but no other card made sense to me cause I'm on 4k.
I'll consider a laptop in a couple months and revisit this situation lol.

Be sure to leave a detailed review and I mean detailed lol I'm sure everyone here is super interested to see how it turns out.

Bro not at all I'm considering a 2nd hand laptop with a normal 144hz display. An expensive laptop is not mandatory, it's a luxury. Wether you spend 1k or 3k is personal decision there is no right or wrong answer everyone has different wants/needs etc. Heck I'm considering a $1.5k FHD 144hz laptop to play less demanding fps shooter games or if I have some extra money I may blow 2.5k on a much nicer one who knows which way the wind blows when the time comes lol if I don't spend the rest Xtra on the laptop I get to spend it on one of the other hobbies that cost money you can stack different chips in different places all gravy haha

Who knows, maybe I'm getting my hopes up for nothing. If it doesn't blow my mind I'm returning it for maybe the Lenovo 4090 model that's the same price lol.

*Edit* Thanks for being a good sport and allowing the discussion of other laptops even if off topic. It's been good talking through some comparisons.
Why would not allow it? :) I'm a huge fan of discussion and alternatives. That's why we're [H]ard! Also, it doesn't take a thing away from the deal I posted :p

For real? Crappy screen. FHD 144 on a 4080? Wasted. Probably low brightness. Last gen CPU.

For $200 more or so you could have got a top of the line Lenovo.

The bag is just a distraction from buying a bad screen and old hardware.

I’d argue the screen will drastically prolong the life of the laptop and it’s still 16:10.

Even disregarding the res, spending that much on low nit/ low color accuracy (relatively) isn't a great idea.
ok yeah that's fair, I only looked at the res. If I had a choice between a 1600p or 1200p screen with a 4070 or above, I'd opt for the 1200p tbh.

My perfect laptop would be glossy 16" OLED or miniLED 1200p 240Hz screen with a 4090. I never travel with the laptop, have bad eyesight but still have my late teens early 20's high frame rate twitch Quake 2/CS 1.7. I use a lapboard with my feet up in the office :).

Swapped the thermal paste on my old laptop (Acer Predator Triton 500) with PTM9750 and the highest temp I've seen is 84C when previously it was hitting 100C quite regularly. Did I buy this Legion for nothing? Just kidding :)

Back