Baldurs Gate 3 - Official Discussion Thread (2019)

It’s not you, and yeah, this was complete trash, and it was the biggest bait and switch since Daikatana.

BG3 makes every single Tribes sequel look authentic.

BG3 was so bad that it retroactively made Fallout 3 a true sequel to Fallout 2, and by extension, means that the Fallout world and the Elder Scrolls games must canonically be in the same universe.

It was a bunch of hype to sell a Divinity game that had nothing to do with the Baldur's Gate world or franchise.
Dude you are crazy, this is the best PC game in ages.

It’s not you, and yeah, this was complete trash, and it was the biggest bait and switch since Daikatana.

BG3 makes every single Tribes sequel look authentic.

BG3 was so bad that it retroactively made Fallout 3 a true sequel to Fallout 2, and by extension, means that the Fallout world and the Elder Scrolls games must canonically be in the same universe.

It was a bunch of hype to sell a Divinity game that had nothing to do with the Baldur's Gate world or franchise.
Lmao. Salty.

Game is good

I think it is a good game but it isn't one of my top RPGs. I think it is great how well it has done because it will draw more people to RPGs and maybe other games will get better $upport in the future.
It would have been better if it had been set somewhere else in the world and not BG. It didn't feel like BG to me. I also don't like the 5th edition rules.

1712944058341.png

Trying to get to level 5 yet killing stuff in Goblin village stuff I missed Im level 4.5 trying to gain XP in mini side quests the guys in the southern big area too tuff killed the knolls in the cave when the leader knoll joined me after 2 failed attempts. Saw the orcs getting on in that barn killed them both for their nasty act. I'm exploring the hidden cellar now or the wishing well. Big spider is too tuff so I guess you can stealth around him.

BG3 just barely makes my Steam top 10 list. (my own arbitrary ratings). I would say BG, BG2 are better RPGs and more complete stories and I just did play them through again recently so it's not purely nostalgia.

272 hours played. I would certainly buy a DLC for it. Not sure how people think the game is bad.

If I have one complaint, it is
You have to side with the Emperor at that one point or it's game over. That's way too railed for a game that allowed some creative freedom.

Funny story about BG3, I played Act 1 and 2 with my wife where I let her make all story decisions. She got a bit bored eventually so we never finished Act 3. In Act 2, at one point she caused a TPK (total party kill).

It seems the Githyanki Lich Goddess has Wish magic, and if you piss her off enough, instant death for you!

Last edited:
BG3 just barely makes my Steam top 10 list. (my own arbitrary ratings). I would say BG, BG2 are better RPGs and more complete stories and I just did play them through again recently so it's not purely nostalgia.

272 hours played. I would certainly buy a DLC for it. Not sure how people think the game is bad.

If I have one complaint, it is
You have to side with the Emperor at that one point or it's game over. That's way too railed for a game that allowed some creative freedom.

Funny story about BG3, I played Act 1 and 2 with my wife where I let her make all story decisions. She got a bit bored eventually so we never finished Act 3. In Act 2, at one point she caused a TPK (total party kill).

It seems the Githyanki Lich Goddess has Wish magic, and if you piss her off enough, instant death for you!

When do you have to side with the emperor? I dont remember that.

All in all, I remember loving BG1, BG2, Neverwinter Nights, etc... but I dont actually remember the games that well. Maybe I should go back and play them, but BG3 is def in my top 5 favorite games I've ever played.

Not sure how people think the game is bad.

For the same reason people think that the Fallout games are bad. Fallout 3 was an Oblivion TC, not a Fallout game.

Baldur's Gate 3 is a Divinity TC, not a Baldur's Gate game.

It's a mod and should be treated that way.

For the same reason people think that the Fallout games are bad. Fallout 3 was an Oblivion TC, not a Fallout game.

Baldur's Gate 3 is a Divinity TC, not a Baldur's Gate game.

It's a mod and should be treated that way.
good lord your hate boner is insane.

Your wrong, catagorically, live with it.

Back