The more I play the game the more I love it. Also love that it's actually challenging the further you get into it, and I'm not even on the very hard difficulty.

Just finished the portion where you get your Ikron (Or whatever the fuck they call it), and that was pretty amazing.

Although I will say the only downside to getting the flying mount is that you can easily miss out on tons of cool terrain on the ground.

Still can't believe how good this game looks coupled with how good it runs.

Decided to bite the bullet and I just put in a few hours. Game is damn gorgeous and runs well for the most part, but have only tested on my laptop so far, definitely getting some framerate drops or traversal stutter, though I'm not monitoring them. I did just get a weird bug in Hometree where a cutscene went black, but the audio remained, and it got stuck in an infinite loop, whole conversation just starts over endlessly. Had to force shut down the game and I'm verifying game files now, really hope it doesn't screw up my save.

getting some framerate drops = using Fullscreen helped me with that on the Intel Arc A770 as to clear that right up.

Reactions: w35t
like this
getting some framerate drops = using Fullscreen helped me with that on the Intel Arc A770 as to clear that right up.
Yep, this did it for me too. Game is buttery smooth now.

Can't say how impressed I am with how this game looks and runs, having a damn fun time playing it too.

Game is amazing. Finished it and rate it 8.5/10. Must play games of 2023.

Took about 28 hours and some change. Did a ton of sides as well. Still tons to do.

Attachments

• IMG_5844.png
    IMG_5844.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Avatar Frontiers of Pandora™2023-12-19-10-31-35.jpg

The intro is weird you walk around alot taller than Michael Jordan for the 1st section of the game.

I never saw the movie I heard it made people Hurl or sick because of the digital format.

Wasn't the digital format. It was because it was in 3D. Along with one of the first scenes being incredibly hard to watch in 3D... which was intentional for the scene (Waking up from "Hypersleep" into Zero G)... but it was kinda of a rough intro for people first experiencing something in 3D.

Wasn't the digital format. It was because it was in 3D. Along with one of the first scenes being incredibly hard to watch in 3D... which was intentional for the scene (Waking up from "Hypersleep" into Zero G)... but it was kinda of a rough intro for people first experiencing something in 3D.
Also because people are stupid and would bitch about anything all the time.

IMO that was one of the coolest film experiences ever. The movie sucks to watch otherwise. But holy crap, that IMAX 3D with that infinite depth was amazing.

This is one of the most immersive games environmentally not mechanics wise. You can only do this with a single player game basically.
I kinda distance myself from the enviroment it's all made up.

IMO that was one of the coolest film experiences ever. The movie sucks to watch otherwise. But holy crap, that IMAX 3D with that infinite depth was amazing.
^This. The plot is super basic hero's journey, but I'll watch Sigourney Weaver anytime, and the rest of the movie was pure uncut eyecandy.

Both Avatar movies are worth watching in full 3D glory just for the visual effects and 3D experience. Most 3D movies just do fake 3D post film editing that looks fake and gimmicky. Avatar is one of the few movies that was "filmed" in 3D to begin with and actually takes full advantage of 3D.

Sadly you missed out if you didn't see them in theater. It's not the same on a flat TV. Especially 15 years after it was released now that visual effects that good are standard.

Avatar 2 has insane visual effects. They "solved" water simulation and simulated every single water drop. Also a must see in 3D in theaters.

Watch movies and then play the game. Will make you feel more engaged. My 2 cents.
That is what happen with the movie Fury, as soon as I got home from watching it and here is good old World of Tanks selling the very Tank from the movie, you know I was a sucker for it.

I am @ 30-something hours & 30-something % complete.

I started out like someone said earlier - running hell bent on given tasks, but after I got to the home tree, I've been smelling the roses & talking to everyone I find & doing side missions & trying some "crafting" (which I HATE).

I finally got my Irkan this morning!

I'm planning to take my sweet ass time in this game...

Last edited:
Avatar Frontiers of Pandora™2024-1-13-4-44-59.jpg
Avatar Frontiers of Pandora™2024-1-13-4-29-56.jpg

I wondering if I made my character shorter that would help? I know what they were going for but it feels like I'm surrounded by Ants.

51% complete in 60 hours ~ BUT ~ I am crashing into LVL 20 forts @ LVL 11 & doing every silly mission I come across...

Found my first underwater item today! Superior Shotgun Mag (whoopy).

There is no "Na'vi Sense" underwater

Back