Post your Mobile Devices!

You have it backwards. Jobs pissed off Verizon long ago and so ATT ended up with the phone. The only reason there is no iphone on Verizon is because Jobs thinks he is God.

Verizon does not need Jobs and once he understands this , and I believe he has gotten the message, there may be an Iphone as well as a couple of other devices from Apple enjoying the greatness that will be Verizon 4g

Verizon has over 90 million users..........do the math

Not even close. Verizon wanted to brand and customize the crap out of the iPhone, and Apple took off. Hell, Apple even had some brief talks with Sprint before going with AT&T, and the former Sprint CEO said it "wouldn't be profitable". He was fired shortly afterwards.

Look, I understand you work for Verizon, and it's cool to believe in the company who pays your checks. I have brand loyalty as well, there's nothing wrong with it. But there's a fine line between fanboyism and loyal. Frankly, I'd love to see both Apple AND Verizon burn. Tactics that both companies use annoy the crap out of me, but Verizon takes it to a whole other level.

Frankly, I'd love to see both Apple AND Verizon burn.
You do realize they're not the only companies that make decisions based on what's best for them, right? But why stop there? Let's get rid of Nvidia for all the crap they've pulled. Oh and Intel for changing sockets...that's annoying! :rolleyes:

I don't work for Verizon, but have heard 2 comments from a store manager about the iPhone deal.

1. Apple wanted a % of the monthly fees. He said ATT gave it to them and it beat into their profit margin as expected.
2. Apple wanted to do the servicing of the phones and ATT gave that to them as well. VZW wanted to be able to help their customer's out w/ some of that.

Obviously I can't confirm that, but Bob's(not his real name) a pretty straight shooter and I have no reason to doubt him.

Personally, I love having service everywhere I go...on my 3yr old Razr V3C that's survived 3 or 4 World War's and a drowning. I love having conversation after conversation w/ great call quality and no worries about dropping calls. And after trying out the new Moto DROID, I honestly have very little desire to check out another phone until Apple puts out something for us on Verizon. Well, ok, the 4.3" passion does sound like good times. :D

Last edited:
Not even close. Verizon wanted to brand and customize the crap out of the iPhone, and Apple took off. Hell, Apple even had some brief talks with Sprint before going with AT&T, and the former Sprint CEO said it "wouldn't be profitable". He was fired shortly afterwards.

Look, I understand you work for Verizon, and it's cool to believe in the company who pays your checks. I have brand loyalty as well, there's nothing wrong with it. But there's a fine line between fanboyism and loyal. Frankly, I'd love to see both Apple AND Verizon burn. Tactics that both companies use annoy the crap out of me, but Verizon takes it to a whole other level.

Umm have you seen any of verizon's smart phones recently all they probably wanted to do is put a carrier logo and a check on the back under the apple logo.

They have been getting alot better about not locking down the phones.

Partial credit goes to google and their tactics during the wireless spectrum auction. They made a deal they would not buy any of the spectrum as long as certain conditions were agreed to on the network that would use it mainly that the platforms that run on it are more open. If this wasn't agreed to they were going to make sure it went for top dollar if not buy it themselves... So both at&t and verizon agreed to this and are now giving the phones a lighter touch.

What are you running to get that clock and weather forecast on your lock screen? It looks good.

Hi - it's called WedaPanel.. you can pick it up here. You must be jailbroken and using winterboard. After you unzip the package, you need to edit a couple of lines in the settings.xml file (instructions are pretty clear on how and what to do there) and then scp the theme to your themes folder on the phone.. then activate in winterboard... it looks nice, works pretty well, and doesn't seem to impact battery life much at all..

Hi - it's called WedaPanel.. you can pick it up here. You must be jailbroken and using winterboard. After you unzip the package, you need to edit a couple of lines in the settings.xml file (instructions are pretty clear on how and what to do there) and then scp the theme to your themes folder on the phone.. then activate in winterboard... it looks nice, works pretty well, and doesn't seem to impact battery life much at all..
Cool! I'll give it a try. Thanks, man!!

Umm have you seen any of verizon's smart phones recently all they probably wanted to do is put a carrier logo and a check on the back under the apple logo.

They have been getting alot better about not locking down the phones.

Yes, you're absolutely correct. Now look back to 2006 when the iPhone deals were going down. See the difference? At the time, they were trying to make the whole UI "Verizon-cetric".

Jodiuh, the service and profits were also part of the argument as well.

As for companies doing what's right for them, I agree, however I just dislike how Verizon goes about their business. It's a personal thing, nothing more. For example, the crap that Verizon tries to pull re: trumped up data charges (The infamous $1.99 charges), the "First bill syndrome" they pulled in years past where they would "accidentally" triple bill you in hopes you didn't notice... There's a ton of shady stuff going on there.

I appreciate your graciousness however your comments are the first I have heard regarding the Iphone/ Verizon relationship. Perhaps your correct but it was not Verizon that told me this but the published reports in the industry rags that are distributed to wireless professionals such as myself.

Case in point: http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/29/verizon-passed-up-apple-iphone-deal/

Oh and by the way Verizon pays my checks indirectly I suppose but I do not work for them. I was an independant agent for the better part of 12 years , retired do to many factors and am now working for another Agent that was once a student of mine back when i worked as a corporate trainer Prior to that I spent close to 9 years working for the company that sells the franchises that my current employer purchased. I am saying this to show you that I am no spring chicken that "drank the coolaid" but more acurately , one of the people who helped to build an industry that many people have grown to love while others ...........to hate

Last edited:
Cool! I'll give it a try. Thanks, man!!

np! I have been enjoying it for a few weeks now.. I notice it does take a bit to refresh sometimes.. but generally after initial load it just pops right up when I hit the home button... one caveat is that this theme seems to override your battery charging lock screen when plugged in or docked.. which doesn't bother me much, but it might some. Also, you'll want to get "Dim Delay" (in Cydia or Rock) so you can set the delay on the lock screen to about 30 seconds (which seems to be a good fit for me, I can get through all of the panels in 30 seconds easily). When you install Dim Delay it install a settings panel in the main settings area..

There's a ton of shady stuff going on there.
When I went from Tour to Razr, they nailed me with $1,000+ in data charges despite my calling in and explaining the problem 3 or 4 times. Well, after using the DROID for a week, they did it again. And of course the rep told me he would make sure it didn't happen this time. My bill's just an absolute trainwreck w/ device charges, data charges, txt charges, pwn charges. :( Ugh...

Jacuzz1, we've both been in the industry for a while, I can appreciate the experience involved. That being said, I remember when the Verizon brand first started, I even still have that phone laying around here somewhere. Moto Timeport or something like that...

Now, when 75% of a phone's buttons lead to the internet, and each mis-press is a $1.99 charge, *even if data is blocked on your account* is complete and total BS. We're talking MILLIONS in charges that Verizon rakes in each year

But I digress: I'm looking for the quotes to back up my claims re: the Verizon customization issues, so bear with me. Between taking to industry reps, employees in middle management, blogs and rumor mills, it all blends together, especially after almost 3 years.

Jacuzz1, we've both been in the industry for a while, I can appreciate the experience involved. That being said, I remember when the Verizon brand first started, I even still have that phone laying around here somewhere. Moto Timeport or something like that...

Now, when 75% of a phone's buttons lead to the internet, and each mis-press is a $1.99 charge, *even if data is blocked on your account* is complete and total BS. We're talking MILLIONS in charges that Verizon rakes in each year

But I digress: I'm looking for the quotes to back up my claims re: the Verizon customization issues, so bear with me. Between taking to industry reps, employees in middle management, blogs and rumor mills, it all blends together, especially after almost 3 years.

Oh, make no mistake, I do not disagree with you regarding the shenanigans of the carriers. Although getting charged for data while it is blocked is a new one for me and most likely anecdotal. You know how people are never responsible for their own stupidity and post erroneous information.

I was merely pointing out my source of information regarding the Apple I phone and Verizon story

We're killing this poor thread. :(

OT, but sorta on topic. My sister's finally getting a new phone tomorrow. She's about as bad as my ma and breaks phones like they're made from styrofoam. So w/ this in mind, I'm recommending she get the new Casio GzOne Rock. It's built like a freakin' tank and that will be good for my sis...who managed to put a hole in the last 2 phones. :D

I'll be sure to take some nice hi res shots to make up for this lame txt post. :D

my mobile phone device is Nokia, which has now become 1 year old. I didnt have any problem in my mobile phone handset and my only suggestion is to buy a handset from Nokia is the best.

img2832oy.jpg

jadesaber2- how did you get 5 icons on the bottom row with no words attached?

is it just me or are the big clock widgets just a waste of space? do people really need a clock thats up 1/3 the screen to tell them the time? the only reason I can think of is if they have really really bad eyes.

is it just me or are the big clock widgets just a waste of space? do people really need a clock thats up 1/3 the screen to tell them the time? the only reason I can think of is if they have really really bad eyes.
From the time I was a little Jod all I ever wanted when I was all growed up was a GIANT BIG LARGE MASSIVE CLOCK on my phone. Broke the tripod and didn't light it up very well, but here ya go...

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

Device is a pleasure to hold in the hand. Curves = win.

Last edited:
4170056568_c2fa120bf4_b.jpg

Don't mind the dirty chrome on the bottom. :) I've waited 3 weeks for this hahah. (2 weeks out of stock, 1 week exams.)

Now that we are technically allowed post pics :)

The Android Family! haha
DSC01564.jpg

The new head of the family
DSC01568.jpg

had a moto q originally that broke. got the samsung ace cause thats all sprint was gonna give me (i begged for a moto q9c to no avail, bastards). i got another moto q from someone that couldn't activate.

finally got a htc touch pro 2. got a second from ebay for me cause my lil bro didn't like his palm pre. its going back and the second touch pro 2 will be for him :)

had a samsung m500 further back as my first phone. that was awhile ago.

P1000338.jpg

P1000339.jpg

It works fine on AT&T. 3G is the only thing that doesn't work.

does 3g ever work for at&t :p those maps i am seeing have very little blue i'm surprised they can even get away with saying they have a 3g network...:rolleyes:

does 3g ever work for at&t :p those maps i am seeing have very little blue i'm surprised they can even get away with saying they have a 3g network...:rolleyes:

Sadly, that small amount of geographical coverage covers 75% of the US population-wise, so they seem perfectly content with their coverage. It's a swift kick in the nuts for us remaining 25%.

Here are all the mobile devices that I own, starting from like 10 years ago. Most of them are extremely old and crappy, but oh well. I only use the netbooks, the iPhone and the handycam; the rest are deprecated.

Top left - Acer Aspire One A110-1995 8.9" netbook with 6-cell battery
Top right - Gateway EC1803h 11.6" netbook with US layout keyboard mod
Bottom row, from left to right:
Sony Net MD Walkman MZ-N707
Sony Clie PEG-T415
Sony Clie PEG-SJ33
Sony Clie PEG-TG50
Apple iPod (Video, 5th Gen) 60 GB
Sony Walkman NWZ-S616F 4 GB
Apple iPhone 3GS 16 GB
Motorola RAZR V3 Black
Sony Handycam HDR-CX100 8 GB with double-capacity battery

dsc03442bp.jpg

dsc03446om.jpg

dsc03447eu.jpg

dsc03449q.jpg

That last photo is kinda ruined by the smudges on the iPhone lol. >.<

Last edited:
Sadly, that small amount of geographical coverage covers 75% of the US population-wise, so they seem perfectly content with their coverage. It's a swift kick in the nuts for us remaining 25%.

also kicks that 75% when they try to leave that coverage area...

Blackberry Curve 8310
White HTC G1 (rooted and playing around with it)
Nexus One

I have a ton of old blackberry's...

My current phone is a Pantech Matrix Pro. It's not anything super-special, but I really like it. I was looking for a windows mobile phone without a touch screen. Best $80 I've spent in a while.

51zM4rfko5L._SS350_.jpg

It's been fantastic for me. Very snappy and just excellent overall. A huge upgrade from my Hero.

I love it. The screen is really nice, its very snappy, and battery life isn't too bad either.

Back