ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core Edition

Krypton

Supreme [H]ardness
Last edited:
When you buy b stock, definitely check the part number since evga has about 10-12 models of 970 and not all of them are good.

I say save the 110.

Check fs section there are always deals on used cards

I'd actually put off buying at the moment unless you find a great deal.

The reason is there is no bundle deal currently, It is probably likely Nvidia will implement another bundle and these codes can resell for $30.

The other is we are at the 1 year mark now and with the holiday sales season coming up. I wouldn't be surprised if we see price adjustments or at least some favorable sales in terms of street prices.

I'd actually put off buying at the moment unless you find a great deal.

The reason is there is no bundle deal currently, It is probably likely Nvidia will implement another bundle and these codes can resell for $30.

The other is we are at the 1 year mark now and with the holiday sales season coming up. I wouldn't be surprised if we see price adjustments or at least some favorable sales in terms of street prices.

Yeah... I have been reading up on Pascal... seems very promising, but probably overkill for 1080p. I don't plan on upgrading monitors for a while due to many factors other than money.

I wasn't referring to waiting for Pascal at all, that is another matter entirely. Best case scenario is you might be 6 months out, whether or not that is performance parts aimed at consumers is another matter. I mean more in terms of the short term, you could be getting $30-$50 savings from a wait time in sub 1-2 month range.

I think people might be a bit too wishful thinking regarding the next gen (both Pascal and Arctic Islands). While performance and price/performance will improve but it seems like some people feel we will receive something more along the lines of nearly 2x the performance at the same price points, those people might be rather disappointed and underwhelmed.

28nm generation did not bring anywhere near that level of price/performance improvements on the onset and we will be looking at a higher cost transition this time around. AMD also seems to be shifting away from an aggressive pricing and market share oriented approach. If we also look at the trend of declining volumes and the growth in being more revenue from higher prices it seems unlikely that either party will be extremely aggressive in terms of pricing.

I wasn't referring to waiting for Pascal at all, that is another matter entirely. Best case scenario is you might be 6 months out, whether or not that is performance parts aimed at consumers is another matter. I mean more in terms of the short term, you could be getting $30-$50 savings from a wait time in sub 1-2 month range.

I think people might be a bit too wishful thinking regarding the next gen (both Pascal and Arctic Islands). While performance and price/performance will improve but it seems like some people feel we will receive something more along the lines of nearly 2x the performance at the same price points, those people might be rather disappointed and underwhelmed.

28nm generation did not bring anywhere near that level of price/performance improvements on the onset and we will be looking at a higher cost transition this time around. AMD also seems to be shifting away from an aggressive pricing and market share oriented approach. If we also look at the trend of declining volumes and the growth in being more revenue from higher prices it seems unlikely that either party will be extremely aggressive in terms of pricing.

Yeah, I know you are right.. Even if Pascal can deliver multiples of better performance, in the consumer space they will do what they have always done, release a very expensive flagship product that will perform like a 1.5 or 2x current gen Titan, and cripple the rest to show some improvment and keep incrementing the improvements with each release every 6 months. That's how they stay in business.

In the commercial space, I see them going balls out.

Last edited:
Back