Your Most Anticipated Game of 2018?

polonyc2

Fully [H]
any format...I don't have a PS4 anymore so my list is only PC...

1) Hunt: Showdown (Early Access)
2) System Shock reboot (Nightdive Studios)
3) Metro Exodus
4) Code Vein
5) Black Mesa with Xen levels and graphics overhaul
6) Kingdom Come: Deliverance (this was much higher on my list earlier but the latest gameplay reveals have not impressed me)

games that have potential but too much uncertainty:

Anthem
Monster Hunter: World (PC)
Far Cry 5

I'm not really betting on any of these releasing in 2018, but so far my list is

Cyberpunk 2077
Camelot Unchained
Crowfall
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Games I'm looking forward to but not sure if they will release in 2018

Cyberpunk 2077
Anthem
Days gone
Last of us II
God of war 4
Battle for azeroth
Borderlands 3

also keeping an eye on

They are billions
Age of empires remasters
Vampyr
Detroit: become human

games that
1) VR
2) aren't overcharging (money/time/fun ratio)
3) aren't 1 hour long (superhot VR)
4) are well made
5) have depth
6) are fun

I don't really know of any.
I want a witcher 3 tier of game, not the garbage demos.

traditional games:
Red dead redemption 2
Last of us 2
Metro exodus
God of war 4
Cyberpunk 2077 (is this a 2018 game?)

The Last of Us Part 2 , don't care about anything else.

I'm pessimistic but hopeful about the new system shock, and cyberpunk 2077 as well, I can't get excited about either yet. My greatest fear is cyberpunk 2077 will be something like "remember me" which I was excited about then it turned out to be terrible.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Ace Combat 7.

Absolutely this. Also;

• Days Gone
  • God of War
  • Shadow of the Colossus Remake
  • Detroit: Vecome Human
  • Far Cry 5
  • Agony
  • Scorn
  • Vampyr
  • Death Stranding
I honestly don't know if any of these are coming out this year other than Far Cry, but if I had to ONLY pick one for the year it would have to be Ace Combat 7.

Last edited:
Not sure they're all 2018, but similar to others:

System Shock
Cyberpunk 2077
Borderlands 3

Also waiting on some indie games, but would have to check my lists for those ones.

Hopefully Hero U will release this year too. Seems like it should.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to grabbing a Switch.

To be honest, as closely as I followed and anticipated the games coming out in 2016 and 2017, I really don't know much about what's on the radar for 2018. Not much has caught my attention yet.

I haven't really looked past January yet, so I'm only looking forward to Monster Hunter World.

The Last of Us Part 2 , don't care about anything else.

I'm pessimistic but hopeful about the new system shock, and cyberpunk 2077 as well, I can't get excited about either yet. My greatest fear is cyberpunk 2077 will be something like "remember me" which I was excited about then it turned out to be terrible.

I see a few of you mentioning TLOU 2, but I really don't think it's coming this year. I think it'll be early-mid 2019 still.

But I'm really only looking forward to God of War 3, Far Cry 5, Detroit: Become Human, Dreams (look it up, seriously), Shenmue 3 (though I still need to play 2 somehow, hah), Red Dead 2, and Shadow of Colossus.

Really looking forward to Days Gone and Death Stranding too, but doubt they'll be out this year either.

So mostly PS4 exclusives.

I see a few of you mentioning TLOU 2, but I really don't think it's coming this year. I think it'll be early-mid 2019 still.

But I'm really only looking forward to God of War 3, Far Cry 5, Detroit: Become Human, Dreams (look it up, seriously), Shenmue 3 (though I still need to play 2 somehow, hah), Red Dead 2, and Shadow of Colossus.

Really looking forward to Days Gone and Death Stranding too, but doubt they'll be out this year either.

So mostly PS4 exclusives.
Well I hope it's holiday 2018, that would put it 2 years from when it was announced in 2016.

Right now, only Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Code Vein and Agony.

Death Stranding looks pretty dope so far, but I need to see some gameplay. If it turns out to be some sort of walking or stealth simulator I'll be extremely disappointed.

Hoping to get more info on the next Metroid, REMake 2, "Shadows Die Twice," Vampyr, FFVII remake, and the Diablo II remake and/or Diablo IV this year. I also hope the next main entry in TES is revealed this year.

To those saying Cyberpunk 2077: this is a 2019 game, at the earliest.

Red Dead 2, Days Gone, Far Cry 5, and Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition.

While I really hope Cyberpunk comes out in 2018, I kinda doubt it. Ditto with a Last of Us 2 and a Bloodborne sequel.
Most years someone unveils a major sequel that is actually almost finished during the announcement (a la Destiny 2), so hopefully there will be some additional big releases. Smash Brothers Switch, I'm looking squarely in your direction.

Metro: Exodus
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (though I am gradually less excited about it, due to how unoptimized it seems)
Cyberpunk 2077 (I have a feeling it will be a 2020 release though)
Vampyr
CodeVein

Body of the Many, a sprinkle of necromorphs, a pinch of Dark Seed... Could be good. Looks a little barren in the video, but I like what I'm seeing there so far.

Borderlands 3 IF it is actually any good.

Mainly the new Battlefield, whatever it is....

Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto V
Just Cause 2/3

Yes, I know they are out... but I just got a 4k tv and am about to build a new rig with a 1080 ti. Looking forward to the replay in 4K. May also give Crysis a shot.

Other than that, hopefully the secret of mana remake.

I am looking forward to System Shock from Nightdive as well....especially since I donated to their Kickstarter.

System Shock remake
Red Dead Redemption 2
Last of Us 2
Metro: Exodus
Anthem
God of War 4
Spider-man
Detroit: Become Human
Ni No Kuni 2
Fe
Vampyr

Borderlands 3. My needs are simple, and I don't do mmo/coop.

Back