WTB Opteron 170

dtess17

2[H]4U
As the title says i'm in the market for an Opteron. I thought i'd try out the forum before i tested my luck through eBay or newegg/monarch

Looking for a chip that does 2.8 - 3.0ghz on air with low voltage.

Must be stable

Yes i know i'm asking for an awesome chip, but i know they are out there.

I think I'm going to keep my 165 which means I have an Opteron 170 CCB1E 0550VPMW for sale that does 2.9Ghz 1.49V and 3Ghz 1.54V, YGPM

amd ati FO SHO said:
make sure you get a 0550 :)

although even 0550 may need water to hit 2.9-3.0

If that's the case, then i guess i need to get water huh :)

I think my ninja does a real nice job of cooling, and once i come home from school it will be in my air conditioned room all the time.

I've found a few 0550 vpmw's for pretty reasonable prices.

I got this whole college thing that is really killing my budget, but I'll say this...you can't put a price on happiness, and a sick opty that get 2.8-3.0 is going to make me happy.

would you be interested in an opteron 144 mine could do 2.8-3.0.. thats what i hear about my stepping :) LMK

Well i want to get a dual core first, but i do have some interest in the single core opty for a second box. Did you use it at all?

max OC? Volts? Price?

well its this one here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1052598 i personally havent overclocked it but i hear cab2e's can get upwards of 2.8 on stock voltages and 3.0 with a little boost of volts..i can ask the guy that owned it before me (dillusion on [H]) about how high he has over clocked it... and i dont have a good board to test it on anyways the only 939 board i have ever owned is the one i have for sale... i only have 256*2 samsung ram.. so im sure with my setup i wouldnt be able to oc that high anyways... maybe we can work something out on this?! LMK

thanks

edit: im working on getting a biostar tforce 939 to test this chip out but then when i think of it im stuck with my samsung ram...

edit2: dillusion said "i never really tried, i messed around once on stock voltages and stock hsf and got it to like 250 like that" so that equals 9*250=2.25ghz.. but then again he never really tried... im sure it can go higher if you have a good setup, a lot higher if you have a real good setup...

Well i'm gonna buy a 170 first. I need to finish my new rig, then i can start worrying about buying some other chips for other systems.

Back