WTB: nVIDIA GeForce 3/3 Ti 200/500 64MB AGP 4x (reference?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the Geforce3. After years of variations on NV10, that was when things started feeling exciting. And that card had legs! You could still get away with playing FEAR, Far Cry, Unreal Tournament 2004, Half-Life 2… I could ramble for a while, but good luck, OP!

Ah, the Geforce3. After years of variations on NV10, that was when things started feeling exciting. And that card had legs! You could still get away with playing FEAR, Far Cry, Unreal Tournament 2004, Half-Life 2… I could ramble for a while, but good luck, OP!
Having a Geforce 3 Ti 500 was something of a spectacle back then. I remember wanting one and not being able to afford it.

I have a Gainward GF3 Ti 200, but mine is currently in use. If you decide you want a voodoo 5 again, though I can sell you one of the several I have.

I'll have to look, I did have one among the mountains of parts.
Well when you get the chance, by all means! It'd be dope to fire up Serious Sam, Undying, or American McGee's Alice at 1600x1200 and still be rockin' a high framerate, or try some of the games I never really got to back in the day.
I have a Gainward GF3 Ti 200, but mine is currently in use. If you decide you want a voodoo 5 again, though I can sell you one of the several I have.
I don't know when I'd be able to do it exactly (a V5 is beyond my current budget), but I'm definitely taking you up on that! PM sent.
Having a Geforce 3 Ti 500 was something of a spectacle back then. I remember wanting one and not being able to afford it.
Fuck yeah it was spectacle. I wanted one too but at the time I was homeless, so getting off the street was my main priority - not computers. I did make up for it getting an ASUS custom GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128MB (it used the faster BGA GDDR1 and Ti 4400/4600 PCB instead of the standard Ti 4200) though about a year and a half later.

Anyways, TTT.

Last edited:
Searched the “old GPU box”… The good news, I found a GeForce3. The bad news, I now remember why I squirreled this away in the mid-2000s: it didn’t play nice with the PCs I tested on. This was a Mac upgrade card (see the weird power connector past the AGP port) and also has Apple’s funky proprietary display connector from the era.

Anyways, no such luck beyond that one. Ive got a lot of other old cards but they’re all older (voodoo2 era) or newer (like 2003+).

Attachments

• B2C9CEAE-3783-41D2-820C-9ABBFBD358C0.jpeg
    B2C9CEAE-3783-41D2-820C-9ABBFBD358C0.jpeg
    502.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 24179FBD-000B-4F7A-B934-F8CAD9766A25.jpeg
    24179FBD-000B-4F7A-B934-F8CAD9766A25.jpeg
    560.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2C1690D5-EC70-44EE-8055-D8BE6255BF34.jpeg
    2C1690D5-EC70-44EE-8055-D8BE6255BF34.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 0
Ah crap... Too bad on it being a Mac version. That would have been exactly what I was looking for. Shoot me a DM about the Voodoo2 era stuff, though, or the newer stuff. I have holes in my collection from that era, depending on what you have I might be interested in the future, provided you don't mind waiting a while for me to get the funds together.
Searched the “old GPU box”… The good news, I found a GeForce3. The bad news, I now remember why I squirreled this away in the mid-2000s: it didn’t play nice with the PCs I tested on. This was a Mac upgrade card (see the weird power connector past the AGP port) and also has Apple’s funky proprietary display connector from the era.

Anyways, no such luck beyond that one. Ive got a lot of other old cards but they’re all older (voodoo2 era) or newer (like 2003+).
Anyways, TTT.

Last edited:

The card won't work in a PC because it has a PowerPC BIOS. It may be possible to flash the card with a PC BIOS, though it may require an EEPROM programmer if the card doesn't show in the nvflash utility. It may also require having a couple of pins on the AGP connector taped off, because Apple did non-standard things with the AGP slot on their machines to get the ADC connector working.

It's also possible to use an adapter on the ADC port to get a normal DVI port. The extra two large pads are for the power to the ADC port, as long as they physically don't hit anything, you can leave them floating.

I've flashed several cards back and forth from PC to Mac and vice versa.

One of the greatest Black Friday scores ever from Best Buy in 2002 and it was a model that overclocked like mad because of the memory chips used:

Visiontek Xtasy GF3 TI200 ($199.99 - $50 MIR - $50 Instant Rebate = $99.99)

Wish I still had it for OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back