WTB: Low to mid-end MB/CPU/RAM combo (Sell me your old junker!)

Triolent

2[H]4U
Ok guys, I want to take an older MB/CPU/RAM combo off your hands.

Here's what I am looking for:

• ATX
  • 333-600MHz range
  • 128MB RAM
  • onboard audio.

Those are about the only 4 things I really need, but it depends on what's offered.

I'm in no hurry to get this setup. I will most likely take my time and get a few offers 'til I get something.

If you're looking for trades, I have some MS software (no OS's) that I don't use.

SBS 2000 SP1 5CD
SBS Server 2003 Premium Edition 5CD
Project 2002 Professional w/ Guides
Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server
Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
MapPoint 2004 2CD
Moblile Information Server 2002
Visio 2003 Professional Edition
Project 2003 Professional Edition
Office 2003 Professional Edition
Frontpage 2003
Publisher 2003

Throw something at me, but I am not looking to spend more than $50, and that is pushing it.

Thanks for looking and bumping! :D

Contact info

I have sufficient Heat under Triolent to warrant ship first.

You can PM, AIM, or Email me.
This email rarely gets checked.

If you want me to email you from hy Heatware account address, tell me.
I don't check that account very often.

iv got a Celeron 400 Slot1 with mounting bracket and heatsink.
the mobo is toast tho :(. hows 15 shipped sound?

Originally posted by CaNNoN
iv got a Celeron 400 Slot1 with mounting bracket and heatsink.
the mobo is toast tho :(. hows 15 shipped sound?
Thanks for the quick reply CaNNoN, however, I don't really have the time to put together older parts.
If I do come across the need for it, I will let you know. :)

Originally posted by five-by-five
I have a PII 350 on a Tekram P6B40-A4X mobo with 128M or RAM... but it doesn't have onboard sound... $40 shipped sound good?
Decent setup five. I would rather have onboard sound than pick up a soundcard for $10 more, but I'll keep this combo in mind. :)

Are you plannin' on runnin' Win2K on it? Maybe 98? or Linux?

I have an old sound card that didn't like WinXP that I could put with it and call it $45 shipped.

Athlon 900, MSI K7T Turbo2 & 256MB PC-133 + Heatsink & Fan. $50 + s.h firm.

I have a p2 -400 non celeron.

do have a mobo, but not sure if its complete or even works. no heatsink on the cpu either.

hows like 20 bucks + actual shipping?

or just like 12 bucks for the p2-400 shipped?

Originally posted by five-by-five
Are you plannin' on runnin' Win2K on it? Maybe 98? or Linux?

I have an old sound card that didn't like WinXP that I could put with it and call it $45 shipped.
Probably Linux if I can get something with decent support. :)

Originally posted by _Sin_
I have a p2 -400 non celeron.

do have a mobo, but not sure if its complete or even works. no heatsink on the cpu either.

hows like 20 bucks + actual shipping?

or just like 12 bucks for the p2-400 shipped?
_Sin_, Do you have more info on the board?

Sounds ok, but I do need more info. :)

Athlon Classic Slot A 900MHz w/ Golden ORB HSF
OEM HP K7M Slot A mobo
AGP slot, 5 PCI slots, PS/2 kb&mouse ports, 2 USB 1.1 ports, 1 serial port, 1 parallel port, USB header on mobo (requires HP adapter), 2 SDRAM slots, ATX, 3 fan headers This is an HP branded mobo. Ran WinXP pro without any problems.
1x128megPC100
1x128megPC133 (ran both sticks from May 2003 to Jan 4,2004 non-stop folding without a reboot)
OEM HP 10/100 PCI NIC
OEM HP Creative PCI sound card (I think it came with the above mobo, no guarantee that the card works. I have never installed it.)
SB Live! Model# CT4670 PCI -untested but will include (might have original CD for it)
And finally, I'll toss in the HP recovery disks that can restore it with Win98 (not sure if it is SE)

$70 shipped.
It is best to contact me by email at cstinson1959ATcomcastDOTnet

Like I said, I ran these parts (except the sound cards) as a Folding@Home rig. It ran 24/7 from late May 2003 until Jan 4, 2004. I upgraded to an XP1800+ to continue as a folding only rig.

:) :)

I can go look, it was from a computer my dad made when I was a total goober and so was he. Ill go see what model numbers I can snag off it. brb.

Originally posted by Triolent
Probably Linux if I can get something with decent support. :)

It is an Aureal Vortex 2 chip and I googled that with linux and got this... http://members.optushome.com.au/kirben/drivers.html

NascarFool - Thanks for the offer, but that's a bit overkill.

Five - Aureal Vortex 2, huh? I had one of those a while back. Good card, and I found drivers for Win2k, and I believe WinXP, altho I didn't use it under XP. Haven't checked out Linux tho...

Intel SE440BXII onboard sound + Pent II 400 MHZ 64 MB Ram
8 MB video card agp $35 + Shp

...Five - Aureal Vortex 2, huh? I had one of those a while back. Good card, and I found drivers for Win2k, and I believe WinXP, altho I didn't use it under XP. Haven't checked out Linux tho...

I have had it working under them both but the problem is that under WinXP it would randomly drop all audio and you would have to reboot to get any sound to come back... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Format _C:
Intel SE440BXII onboard sound + Pent II 400 MHZ 64 MB Ram
8 MB video card agp $35 + Shp
I do like the 440BX chipset. I had the same setup but got rid of it. :doh:

I don't need the video card. Care to part the combo?

couple nums I got off it, no brand or model number to be found

BXT00

Sis 6326 AGP

has 4 pci, 1 ISA, 2 IDE and some other stuff. a quick google search found it might be a PCChips mobo.

pretty sure it takes pc100, saw that one one of the chips.

I have a celeron 466 system, mobo with onboard graphics, sound, and I put an ethernet card in there for a minimalist system... LMK what you have to trade.

Triolent, a long while no talk. If you want, I have a stick or 2 of some PC100/PC133 if you would like it. No charge for you man. Just let me know and I'll get it sent off if you want it. I dont know how many mb's it is but pulled out of a working machine. To lazy to test it again to find out how much it is.

This guy is a excellent seller/trader... BUMP 4 YOU

Thanks,
Bobby

Originally posted by NotSoSimple
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=710975

Take a look there. I have a Slot 1 P3 667MHz to go with some Mobos. Make an offer if you feel.

NotSoSimple - Can that MB take non-ECC memory?

Bobby, where've ya been? The new job taking a bit to get used to?
Thanks for the memory... I'll definitely be using PC100/133 memory, so I will take you up on that. :)

blackhex, _Sin_ - /edit: PMs already sent.

Triolent, PM me your address or message me on AIM and I'll get it sent out to you. I went for a interview Thursday and got the job, so I'll be working 3rd shift sunday-thursday. I'll be working at Mashalls which sends out clothes to TJMaxx stores. I start there Wednesday night.

Originally posted by rem2003
Triolent, PM me your address or message me on AIM and I'll get it sent out to you. I went for a interview Thursday and got the job, so I'll be working 3rd shift sunday-thursday. I'll be working at Mashalls which sends out clothes to TJMaxx stores. I start there Wednesday night.
Cool, I'll send you a PM tomorrow morn, I am out of town for the night. I've got something along that line to tell you too. ;)

Alright man, I'm looking for your PM.... Also, can any of you gives get me hooked up with 512mb pc2100 or pc2700?? I've got 44.00 to play with...

Bobby

Triolent - I was lookin' through some older comps that I was goin' to sell the internals out of to you and found this! :eek:

It's runnin' in my rig right now! I'm glad I looked before just shipping them out! :eek: :) ;)

Supermicro P6SBA:
MEMORY - 0 MB on-board, Supports up to 768 MB EDO memory at 66 MHz or 384
MB unbuffered SDRAM memory at 100MHz in 3 168-pin DIMM sockets

Thats what the specs said about the memory.

The Freetech board supports PC100 mem. Couldnt find anything else.

NascarFool - Thanks for the offer, but that's a bit overkill.

Five - Aureal Vortex 2, huh? I had one of those a while back. Good card, and I found drivers for Win2k, and I believe WinXP, altho I didn't use it under XP. Haven't checked out Linux tho...

it works under RH 7.2 and above

Back