WTB LGA 775 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCaffeineX

[H]ard|Gawd
For my file server.

I would prefer either Gigabyte or ASUS with DDR3 support, but DDR2 is acceptable.

I am looking for a motherboard that will accept my RAID 5 array as-is. It is currently running on a P45 chipset motherboard (Intel DP45SG) which has died. I believe it uses the ICH10R RAID controller (I'm pretty sure that was the driver I had to install way back to get it running). I had bought the Intel board to replace an ancient ASUS P45 board that died and I was able to transition the RAID array without incident. Unfortunately the Intel board made it all of 4 months...

Send me a PM or reply with what you have available and how much. I can do Amazon Payments or PayPal.

Otherwise, if any Intel integrated RAID experts are out there, is there a newer generation motherboard that will accept the RAID array that I have that you can recommend?

I got a EVGA nforce 730i if you're interested in it. I also have Corsair XMS 4GB of DDR2 6400.

Hit me up!

I have a XFX 780i motherboard in retail box if that would be of interest.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested. ;)

I believe that both of those boards are using the nVidia nForce RAID controller. If that is the case I do not believe they will accept the RAID 5 array from the Intel controller.

I believe that both of those boards are using the nVidia nForce RAID controller. If that is the case I do not believe they will accept the RAID 5 array from the Intel controller.

Hmm, you could be correct. And yes, both are using the Nvidia Nforce RAID controller.

Yes, they are using the nforce controller so you would run into issues with remounting. If it is data you're trying to recover I believe you can use the DiskInternals RAID recovery tool (just a FYI).

I have a GA-EP43-DS3L board if you are interested.

DDR2
North Bridge: Intel® P43 Express Chipset
South Bridge: Intel® ICH10

Thanks for the replies. Late night at work, so it took a little while to get back online. PMs replied to. Any others out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back