WOW 2017 stash

Nice. I won't be bunkering due to the heat here, but plan on firing up a few once things get started.

I'll bunker some after the FB sprint this week. Hopefully by then more WUs will be available. Because of the short due-date on some WUs, I'm not planning to run early.

Gilthanis, are you running GPU? I use power limit on my GPU so it helps a lot in regulating the temperature if don't mind lower PPD but you get better efficiency. I know a lot of hardcore GPU will think I'm doing injustice by limiting the power to 100W on the high end GPUs.

BTW, I saw earlier post from Nvidia about efficiency versus power. Unfortunately for 1080, I cannot go below 100W where the peak of the efficiency curve is. Should work on 970 too.

Actually the most recent "short term assignments " are due dates aug 14. So I guess the bunkinging will start on global level very soon.

pututu I will have GPU going but have not taken the time to put the 970's in yet. If I get time this weekend I will do that. Today is my daughter's birthday, so won't have much time this week due to multiple appearances we have to make...

I understand the efficiencies thing and think it is smart to do regardless. however, I don't spend that much time on it any more to worry about it.

I have two GPUs right now fire through, wanted to reach 1million ... plus they are so fast I would be very very busy in bunkering all. Waiting for Validation is also a soft-style of bunker. This weekend I can again spend more to to real bunker on GPU

Way to go man!

It is surprising, at least to me that there are plenty of active SETI crunchers out there. Last count at about 101K crunchers.

So far no ET yet...

Got the first 970 installed today shortly after putting together my daughter's new Power Wheels. I will try and get to the other 970 tonight if I get a free minute. However, it will replace the 780 until I find a great deal on a better PSU for my 3930k box. I don't trust the current PSU in that box to put a high end card in. So it will remain a 750ti until then.

Back