Winter Sports Action Camera

Um, I don't think he wants to spend $4000+ on a camera, especially if he is asking about Canon A-series cameras. :rolleyes: Furthermore, I doubt that he would want to lug around an SLR on the ski slopes. It is kind of a given that a DSLR will take better pictures than a a point and shoot camera, but it doesn't sound like he needs to do professional photos. A good point and shoot camera can give him good results if he is creative about it. I think a Canon S400 would be good. It is small, produces good images, and is easy to use. Now, it isn't exactly weatherproof, so he would have to be careful with it. But I just went skiing on Wednesday, and my brother took his S200 and it was great to have because it is small and he could put it in his pocket. Or one of those Minoltas or Olympus cameras that have the 10x optical zooms would probably be good as well, but not as portable as a digital elph.

Originally posted by Schmave
Or one of those Minoltas or Olympus cameras that have the 10x optical zooms would probably be good as well, but not as portable as a digital elph.

Olympus C-750 takes decent fast motion shots. They also sell a waterproof case for it. It is all metal except the plastic tripod mount and the rubber eyepiece. Myself and two other's that I know have bought it online for $450

birds1.JPG

Back