Windows 8 file copy changes

mjz_5

2[H]4U
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4676/windows-8-aims-to-improve-file-copy-operations

I like the fact that u can pause file copies now. But why can't they also have a option to perform 1 file copy operation at a time, finishes 1 operation until the next one starts. If anyone has tried to copy several things at the same time to a hard drive, it's extremely slow. If u have tones of files to copy, it's would be nice to set it up and just leave, without having to sit there all day.

I would love them to add that feature. Have a priority option or a complete I'n the following order options

I saw this the other day. Here's a link to the video they made to demonstrate the new feature. This is a welcomed addtition to Windows 8, in my opinion. I can't wait to see what else they've added.

I saw this the other day. Here's a link to the video they made to demonstrate the new feature. This is a welcomed addtition to Windows 8, in my opinion. I can't wait to see what else they've added.

Yea. Ive seen that. Problem is, you got to physical click to pause the 2nd copy to make the first one faster. What if he was copying 3 things at a time. U have to wait the first one to finish before you can un-pause the second one

Queue feature would be nice. Also if there's an error, the whole process gets aborted. The error should be logged and the rest of the copy should continue.

Back