Windows 10 & 11 Pro - $25

Sure there are specific cases where someone may need Windows due to specific software, but for most home users, especially those not specific to gaming (Steam and proton works great!) there are alternatives, but people dont want to try them. I switched to nix distro as my main OS years ago, libre office, gimp, all my other tools work fine, discord, thunderbird for email, those day to day things....Wine has also come a long way also so many things work fine under that too.
There are no alternatives for Adobe's line of products. GIMP is a terrible alternative. Most of the software I use don't have alternatives. I use macOS and Windows and can generally seamlessly switch between them without issues, but Linux just isn't there. That's not the fault of Linux, but the developers. Wine sucks and is also not an alternative. I've had way too many deal-breaking bugs with Wine when trying to run certain Windows apps. I'm glad it exists, but it's just another Linux issue for me. Most of my "specific" software isn't available on Linux. The average user can certainly get away with using Linux, and I've pushed some friends and family to Linux when their outdated computers no longer supported the latest version of Windows (or macOS) and they haven't had any complaints.

Who cares what MS does or calls, again, pirating their OS doesn't "hit them" at all, they would prefer you use their OS over anything else anyways. MS could shut down all those activators and keys in a second if they wanted to....there is a reason they dont
"Pirating" is a fairly loose term here as it uses Microsoft's own activation scripts to tie the key with the computer, and even Microsoft tech support have been caught using massgrave to register a key to a computer when the key the customer legitimately purchased didn't activate properly. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-windows-for-customer-after-activation-fails/

Having said that, I don't support piracy. I'm just saying Microsoft is not some innocent company. But if they won't be hurt by it, as you say, then who cares? You're saying in the same breath that it's bad, but that it also will have no affect on them whatsoever.

Last edited:
Can't you use windows indefinitely without a key anyway? Just makes it so you can't change appearance or something?

Back