Windows 10 & 11 Pro - $25

Bought 1 of each... need arises occasionally. FYI you can only purchase 1 of each on this deal.

Shame my current desktop rig does not meet windows 11 high standards...
Smart move. Whenever I am in a bind I have to go to shadier places. I've sold those machines before and ppl have complained they can't reactivate (i.e. like I upgraded from Win 11 Home to Pro and they re-formatted) - so even though these are OEM they are better than the options at the gray market spots.

I have bought several keys from woot and have had no issues activating. The deal is quite frequent, i think i've bought around 4 or 5 over the past few months for friends/family. The key comes as a tracking number which feels odd, but like I said, no issues.

I have bought several keys from woot and have had no issues activating. The deal is quite frequent, i think i've bought around 4 or 5 over the past few months for friends/family. The key comes as a tracking number which feels odd, but like I said, no issues.
A tracking # might be used for people requesting a refund with Paypal.

Smart move. Whenever I am in a bind I have to go to shadier places. I've sold those machines before and ppl have complained they can't reactivate (i.e. like I upgraded from Win 11 Home to Pro and they re-formatted) - so even though these are OEM they are better than the options at the gray market spots.
I've had Windows "unregister" itself after a hardware upgrade. Tried Microsoft support only to be denied. Not worth the effort or time or frustration. Just enter new key nowadays.

A few months ago I purchased a win 11 pro key from woot. When I went to use it, activation failed. Woot at first wouldn't do anything about it told me to talk to Microsoft. So I did. Microsoft said the "windows 11 pro retial key" they sold me was a windows 8 pro volume license key that had been exhausted and that woot/amazon shouldn't be selling them this way. It took a transcript from microsoft support for them to finally refund me.

If you do go with this deal. Use the key right away to make sure your in the Woot return Window or you'll be jumping thru some hoops to get a refund if it fails.

A few months ago I purchased a win 11 pro key from woot. When I went to use it, activation failed. Woot at first wouldn't do anything about it told me to talk to Microsoft. So I did. Microsoft said the "windows 11 pro retial key" they sold me was a windows 8 pro volume license key that had been exhausted and that woot/amazon shouldn't be selling them this way. It took a transcript from microsoft support for them to finally refund me.

If you do go with this deal. Use the key right away to make sure your in the Woot return Window or you'll be jumping thru some hoops to get a refund if it fails.
Oh geez we can't even trust Amazon/Woot!?!

I've never bought a key from Woot. I have only bought (so far) Office keys for SCDkey. So far, not had an issue.

I thought about that. As far as I can tell, there is no lost functionality for my purposes so that water mark can sit where it is.
I actually had this for a while but it wouldn't let me change my wallpaper or anything with customization. So it doe effect some aspect of windows 11. but it does just normal operations as if it was active.

They allow third party sellers now, but it isn't disclosed when it is one. So they have lots of shadiness happening nowadays... It's not really a safe place to buy software whatsoever.

I can't comment on Woot, but I wouldn't trust Amazon for anything. They have awful customer support, anything you buy is sold as is as far as I am concerned. Even if they send you the wrong item, you "bought" it, you keep it.

I've had Windows "unregister" itself after a hardware upgrade. Tried Microsoft support only to be denied. Not worth the effort or time or frustration. Just enter new key nowadays.
I've never had that happen with a retail key. With OEM keys going through their automated reactivation process has almost always worked. The only time it didn't was with Vista when it first came out. I overclocked my CPU and Windows was like, "I've never met this person in my entire life." I haven't used an OEM key since Windows 7, though.

I can't comment on Woot, but I wouldn't trust Amazon for anything. They have awful customer support, anything you buy is sold as is as far as I am concerned. Even if they send you the wrong item, you "bought" it, you keep it.
I have never had a single issue with Amazon customer support in the 15+ years I've been using them. I've never had them tell me I couldn't return something, and sometimes they've even told me to keep the item I'm trying to return and they just send me a new one. The one time I had an issue wasn't with Amazon, it was with the seller refusing to refund me.

I have never had a single issue with Amazon customer support in the 15+ years I've been using them. I've never had them tell me I couldn't return something, and sometimes they've even told me to keep the item I'm trying to return and they just send me a new one. The one time I had an issue wasn't with Amazon, it was with the seller refusing to refund me.
Same, I have returned things with out a hitch and always got refunded.

Yeah, after discovering this I'm never buying Windows keys anymore. I used to buy the cheap ones that would only work once, and fuck paying full price for Windows.
This part I do not always understand. People are willing to spend stupid amounts of money on hardware, or on games, but nope! I am not paying for the core OS that lets everything even work and makes my computer usable..... If you hate MS that much move to linux?

This part I do not always understand. People are willing to spend stupid amounts of money on hardware, or on games, but nope! I am not paying for the core OS that lets everything even work and makes my computer usable..... If you hate MS that much move to linux?

I've paid for Windows many times over already, the same versions in fact. If Microsoft wants to keep shoving ads and other annoying crap into the OS, they don't need my money to pay for the privilege.

And honestly Linux has come a long way, if it were 100% compatible with all the games I play I'd probably switch. The Steam Deck has really shown what Linux can do. Sadly, we're not there yet.

This. People always come up with a stupid reason to pirate it though...

gosh I really want Windows 10 LTSC ever since learning about it

EOL 2032-01 (that's right 2032, not 2023)

wish there was a legal way to own it

ps. if you read the whole SD thread, apparently Woot can indeed sell illegitimate keys

sounds like an "amazon warehouse deals" where some seller gives inventory to Amazon to end charges/fees and Amazon ends up grey-marketing fake/secondhand goods

Linux will unfortunately never be an alternative to Windows until it actually works with more software from big companies. They own such a tiny slice of the market that it's not worth the investment to anyone. So I don't see that ever happening, as nice as that would be. Also, I don't normally condone piracy, but Microsoft recently admitted to paying their white employees less than their non-white employees (they also use the word "Latinx" on the same statement page, which is a word 99% of Latinos hate). If any company deserves a hit, it would be Microsoft. They have their heads lodged so far up their arses I'm not sure they'll ever escape.

Linux will unfortunately never be an alternative to Windows until it actually works with more software from big companies. They own such a tiny slice of the market that it's not worth the investment to anyone. So I don't see that ever happening, as nice as that would be. Also, I don't normally condone piracy, but Microsoft recently admitted to paying their white employees less than their non-white employees (they also use the word "Latinx" on the same statement page, which is a word 99% of Latinos hate). If any company deserves a hit, it would be Microsoft. They have their heads lodged so far up their arses I'm not sure they'll ever escape.

Sure there are specific cases where someone may need Windows due to specific software, but for most home users, especially those not specific to gaming (Steam and proton works great!) there are alternatives, but people dont want to try them. I switched to nix distro as my main OS years ago, libre office, gimp, all my other tools work fine, discord, thunderbird for email, those day to day things....Wine has also come a long way also so many things work fine under that too.

Who cares what MS does or calls, again, pirating their OS doesn't "hit them" at all, they would prefer you use their OS over anything else anyways. MS could shut down all those activators and keys in a second if they wanted to....there is a reason they dont

run in powershell 'irm https://massgrave.dev/get | iex'
Thanks, but has anyone reviewed this command file that the short script executes? I don't have the 30-60 minutes to make sure that doesn't open a port or download something dangerous. It's either sketchy or they didn't host it on github for code review, because MS owns github (although why not bitbucket?)!
https://bitbucket.org/WindowsAddict...All-In-One-Version/MAS_AIO-CRC32_60BA35A8.cmd

I like Linux and it was working okay, but it would periodically update the kernel and bork itself. I also found myself constantly switching to Windows to run some proprietary stuff (Excel, TurboTax, etc.). With all due respect to the poster above, I find Libreoffice and Gimp painful to use - although I use them. I am going to work on migrating fully and using Windows in a VM or something like that (Wine?) now that my dated Windows OS is finally starting to cause support issues and since MS has long gone full on spy mode/forced updates.

Last edited:
Back