Wild Hearts (Monster Hunter style)

Mostly Negative on Steam pretty soon nobody is going to develop games at this rate.

Mostly Negative on Steam pretty soon nobody is going to develop games at this rate.
to be fair it both looks and runs like dogshit. they don't compliment each other well.

i really enjoyed the trial, but i'm not spending a whopping $70 (with no cheaper 3rd party cd key alternative mind you) on the game in current state - if it had run buttery smooth they would've had my money. they better have all hands on deck to get a serious patch out so they can turn the ship around before it's too late.

I waited to buy this, still had some hours on my trial, so I figured I would wait until the patch dropped and see if it fixed my issues while also waiting on parts to build my new rig. Alas, the patch did not do much and my computer still fucking HATES this game. Temps sky high and still crashed after 30 minutes. Meanwhile I can run Atomic Heart just fine, no issues, no crashes (as well as pretty much any other game). This game sucks.

First patch was released.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1938010/announcements/detail/3657522524833763491
  • Fixed an issue where certain high-end CPUs were being unintentionally capped. High-end PC’s should see some performance improvements now.
  • Fixed an issue where some sounds were not playing or were being delayed, causing the audio to stack. This ‘audio stacking’ issue was also causing strain on players’ CPU. As a result of this fix, players should see performance improvements across the board. The workaround using 5.1/7.1 audio is no longer necessary on PC.
  • Setting default resolution to 16:9 1080p on first boot. The recommended spec for WILD HEARTS is aligned to a 16:9 1080p display, for first time users this will now be the default setting. You can change this setting to the resolution of your choice in-game.
  • Fixed render issue (disco lights) when using an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX.
  • Fixed an issue on the save/load screen that could result in corrupted save data.

Wild Hearts remains a technical mess and you should stay away from it

Yesterday, Omega Force released a performance patch for the PC version of Wild Hearts...the developers claimed that this patch would greatly improve CPU performance, however, it appears that the game is still a technical mess...Wild Hearts currently suffers from some of the most annoying stutters we’ve witnessed in any game, and you should stay away from it

the game requires EA’s Origin even when you’ve purchased it via Steam...the game also suggests downloading and using the EA app...so basically, there are two launchers running alongside the EA app and the Denuvo anti-tamper tech...due to EA’s Origin and Denuvo, the game also locks you out of the game for 24 hours after making three hardware changes...

https://www.dsogaming.com/articles/...and-you-should-stay-away-from-it/#more-169447

Damn, I thought my PC was crap. Game started out strong and I felt I could play this better than monster hunter. My EA Pro sub is going to expire so glad I got to try it. Won’t be renewing my sub for this.

20230308005513_1.jpg

Nice game it's not butter smooth at 1440P on a 4080 but it's playable. I guess the weapon to get is a Claw Blade where you can rapple around the monsters. I suppose that would help with any camera issues cause your always teathered.

20230308065419_1.jpg

This guy is no joke took me a good 45 minutes to beat him. Then I found out I was using the wrong attack on him 1/2 way though with my maul.
20230308065413_1.jpg

This Armor sucks lol two hits from King Tusk I'm dead.

Update: Just beat King Tusk was pretty fun because he's so slow Boss has like 5 areas and two different Rage stages made it to the main City.
Online is laggy but just beat a 2nd King Husk with a group.

Last edited:
People haven't been able to launch the game for 2 days including me. Something wrong on the EA server side.

EA apparently giving this a quick hook...

EA reportedly ending support for Wild Hearts Seven months after Launch

The report comes via a post in both the game’s official Discord and on its subreddit from a moderator

“What you think has happened to the game has unfortunately happened,” the moderator said. “In typical EA news, it seems like they did not want to sit on the game and give it the time and expected it to most likely be the next MH(Monster Hunter). Seems like it didn’t turn into the multi-million dollar big hit they wanted and don’t want to give it the love to grow”...

https://insider-gaming.com/ea-reportedly-ending-support-for-wild-hearts-seven-months-after-launch/

It was a terrible Monster Hunter knockoff, so I'm not surprised.

At least the severs are staying still have this game installed it's a nice game.

Back