Which PS in 600/700w range?

I am piecing together a mid range game box and I am tying to future proof power supply needs for the next gen vid cards coming down the line. I am wondering which of the following 3 PSs are the better choice. I have heard some about the Corsair and OCZ but nothing about Xion.. I plan on a mild OC, maybe
to 3.0/3.2ghz from stock, will have a usb KB and cordless mx1000 laser mouse.

What I am considering are:
OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W
XION Supernova XON-600F14R-201 600W
CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX 620W

System specs:
Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
Patriot eXtreme Performance 2GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz LGA 775
SAMSUNG 18X 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite
EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB
2 120mm LED fans
4 80mm LED fans

Thanks for your opinions in advance...

Xion: It's just a topower. meh.
OCZ: ripple out of the ass! nein

Corsair is your best choice.

Another choice to consider: Silverstone Olympia 650. 54a on a single rail. cheap. not modular.

Just got my Corsair 620 and it's great so far.... but it started making a clicking sound last night... :( :(

Seasonic S12 Energy Plus 650W

Not modular (which can be good or bad depending on your opinion), very efficient, very little ripple, cool, quiet, arguably one of the best performing in that watt range. I'm going to use one for my new build which isn't going to be much different from yours.

I'd say either the Seasonic or the Corsair would probably be your best bet which the Silverstone a very close second.

Check to see if the fan sticker is coming loose and tapping against the fan grill.

I moved it around a little bit. I think the grill on the fan was actually rubbing against it a little bit. The label on the back was coming off at one corner, so maybe you guys need to get stickier labels. ;) One of the biggest factors in my purchasing decisions is customer service (I will not buy from a company with bad customer service, like Silverstone) and I didn't even have to contact Corsair to get a suggestion!

ive always wondered about the corsairs... why 520/620? why not 550/650??? lol...

No need to worry, I've had mine since around 8/22/06, 0 problems, 0 heat issues, about 97% uptime on the computer (downtime:upgrades, relocation). I really cant say anything bad about this powersupply, you wont be upset if you choose it ;)

ive always wondered about the corsairs... why 520/620? why not 550/650??? lol...

Maybe it uses the same internal as the Seasonics (Seasonic makes the Corsairs) and they like to underrate it! lol.

Good choice BDH, I have not seen one bad comment about the Corsairs. Seriously.

Back