Which browser for Android for fastest method to copy URL of current webpage?

DaRuSsIaMaN

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been using Opera Mini for the sole reason that it had the quickest, most optimal way to copy the URL of the page I'm looking at: simply tap the address bar, the entire URL is selected, and a button appears, "copy link" or something like that. I tap that, then switch over to my texting app, and paste the URL into it to share the link. Beautiful. No other browser allows me to do this; all the others have a clunky system of tapping "share" and then wading through a thicket of apps, resulting in way more taps and mental effort. Now, suddenly this feature disappeared with an update. :cry:

Does anyone know of any other mobile browser that has this system, described above, which Opera Mini used to have?? I'm really desperate... This ridiculous conspiracy by all the browsers to have such a shitty, convoluted system for copying a URL makes me want to cry.

In Chrome you just long press the URL at the top and the whole address is selected to copy or share with an app. Doesn't get much easier than that.

In Chrome you just long press the URL at the top and the whole address is selected to copy or share with an app. Doesn't get much easier than that.

I just tried it -- nothing happens at all when I long press it....

I just tried it -- nothing happens at all when I long press it....

Works fine for me, just like in this article.

Here's a gif of it in action from there:

chrome-long-press-copy-url.gif

All they're doing is long-pressing on the link there.

^^Works for me too. Should work for op too unless his phone has ancient Android, I guess.

^^Works for me too. Should work for op too unless his phone has ancient Android, I guess.

Hm my Android is 7.1.1. Chrome is 66.0.3359.158. And no it doesn't work for me. I get a similar "cut, copy, paste, ..." dialog box if I first single-tap the address bar, then double tap it. But seriously nothing at all happens from long press.

Hm my Android is 7.1.1. Chrome is 66.0.3359.158. And no it doesn't work for me. I get a similar "cut, copy, paste, ..." dialog box if I first single-tap the address bar, then double tap it. But seriously nothing at all happens from long press.

Definitely odd then. Latest Chrome from the Play store is 67.0.3396.68 for me on my Pixel 2 XL, but after looking it up in the Play Store on desktop, it says the version "varies by device". Maybe try installing Chrome Beta then too to see if it behaves the say way. I would think functionality would pretty much be the same on a 7.1.1 device as mine on 8.1.0 still. I would test on my wife's phone, but it got 8.0 Oreo recently as well.

I'm just curious as to what phone you have exactly?

Definitely odd then. Latest Chrome from the Play store is 67.0.3396.68 for me on my Pixel 2 XL, but after looking it up in the Play Store on desktop, it says the version "varies by device". Maybe try installing Chrome Beta then too to see if it behaves the say way. I would think functionality would pretty much be the same on a 7.1.1 device as mine on 8.1.0 still. I would test on my wife's phone, but it got 8.0 Oreo recently as well.

I'm just curious as to what phone you have exactly?

Mine's a Sony Xperia Z5 compact. *shrug*

Guess I should check on the Sony or XDA forums

What keyboard are you using? I don't think it should make any difference but I use Gboard.

Back