What's everyone's thoughts about Phillips upcoming and Indiegogo crowdfunded short throw projector?

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Phillips upcoming Screeneo U4 short throw projector has been on indiegogo for some time marketing pre orders.

While I know it's not the latest and greatest, but for roughly $650 this thing looks pretty kick ass.

Any of you thinking of picking one up? They're about half off for preordering before the full release in August. If any time is worth buying it, it would be now.
Just curious what you all think of it in terms of practicality and overall as a projector. Overhyped or not?

ekl884ynuylbrsiclhuq.png

Cinematic immersion with vibrant colors and deep contrast wherever you are. Ultra Short Throw projection means room size doesn't matter.

jiezakqxjgv4fnvfhtoh.png

ozgzjfcyzbkaerky7mbe.png

gutmebnvltef81imwd5g.png

A crystal clear image projection measuring up to 120", with just 22.2 inches (56.5cm) between Screeneo U4 and the projection surface.

giphy.gif

tf1r5pxisztk4rdor8qm.png

Make the most of every square inch/cm when you can position your projector less than a foot away from the projection screen. 7.7in (19.5cm) from the wall gets you an 60” image while 12in (30.5cm) gets you 80” and 22.2in (56.5cm) for 120".

opq0limglhcjd3defof5.png

g1ovqv3wme6zqu7mdrcj.jpg

bgflnisgfkqazobanrjt.png

SPECS -

GQpa0je.png

ATTACH]

Last edited:
seems decent for what it is but im very surprised that phillips is doing crowd funding...

1080p though ...
Not so bad on a small screen, large - naaa, PJ size - ??
And the room must be properly dark to get the best contrast.
Plus 400 Lumens is poor on a normal PJ, on an HDR PJ - not happening.

Last edited:
1080p though ...
Not so bad on a small screen, large - naaa, PJ size - ??
And the room must be properly dark to get the best contrast.
Plus 400 Lumens is poor on a normal PJ, on an HDR PJ - not happening.
I have an Epson 1080p projector in my bedroom with a 100' screen. It's surprisingly sharp and vivid.

IMG_0940.JPEG

Oh, mine does have a lot more lumens though, paid $529 for it
1657845269911.png

I have an Epson 1080p projector in my bedroom with a 100' screen. It's surprisingly sharp and vivid.

View attachment 492103

Oh, mine does have a lot more lumens though, paid $529 for it
View attachment 492104

I ran 1080p PJs for around 10 years but after getting a decent UHD HDR TV it was no contest.
I stopped being the projector guy,
This TV is f'king fantastic (Samsung Q9FN).

I ran 1080p PJs for around 10 years but after getting a decent UHD HDR TV it was no contest.
The new 4K TV's are incredible, saw the new Samsung QD-OLED in the store yesterday and it looks fantastic.
I did have an Electrohome ECP-4500 CRT projector in my room 22 years ago and that was incredible. it was only 1600x1200 though.
And I was planning on getting a 65" 4K tv to replace my 50" 1080p Panasonic Plasma. My friend talked me into getting the Epson and I really enjoy having a large screen again.

unreal.jpg

I did too, but only at 84" due to room. I've moved now and am saving (as well as seeing the new models later this year) for a 120" 4k ust projector setup. No tiny TV can compare! (/half sarcasm, because I love big screens for watching TV and movies).

Zepher, how big is your screen? :)

I did too, but only at 84" due to room. I've moved now and am saving (as well as seeing the new models later this year) for a 120" 4k ust projector setup. No tiny TV can compare! (/half sarcasm, because I love big screens for watching TV and movies).

Zepher, how big is your screen? :)
100" due to my speakers.
My old one was set to 108" 4x3 and just shot onto the bare wall.
IMG_0938.JPEG

Back