What speed?

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
Hey guys i have g skill trident z5 ddr-6000 pc5-4800 cl30 so what speed in the bios should it be set to now its at 4800 is this right thanks!?

it should be at 6000 but you might not get there with 128gb. didnt we already go over this?

it should be at 6000 but you might not get there with 128gb. didnt we already go over th
Then what does the pc5 -4800 mean, because i can not get past 4800 , and why not with 128? U mean if i had less i would get more speed?

Then what does the pc5 -4800 mean, because i can not get past 4800 , and why not with 128? U mean if i had less i would get more speed?
i think you mean pc5-48000, which is ddr-6000.
4 sticks is harder on the memory controller and you might not get the full 6000. get it as close as you can and be happy with it. or drop to 2 sticks. do you really need 128gb, like actually put it to use?

i think you mean pc5-48000, which is ddr-6000.
4 sticks is harder on the memory controller and you might not get the full 6000. get it as close as you can and be happy with it. or drop to 2 sticks. do you really need 128gb, like actually put it to use?
ok so here some pics and in pic 2 the box that is highlighted is that were i am suppose to change the speed if so i can not go more then 4800!! it will not boot thats why i asked u what 4800 ment. Sorry when i mean i can not go more then 4800 i do not mean thats all thats in the drop down box it goes up to like 7000 or something i mean i can not set it more then 4800 if thats the right place i am suppose to do it...

Attachments

• mb1 (2).JPG
    mb1 (2).JPG
    367.9 KB · Views: 1
  • monbo2.JPG
    monbo2.JPG
    362.6 KB · Views: 1
didnt we already do this in one of you many threads? and yes, "thats the right place".
I might of asked before about what speed before but do not think we got deep into why. So my ram is for 6000 but i can not get over 4800 any idea why, i bet i would see much faster my system at 6000!!!

I might of asked before about what speed before but do not think we got deep into why. So my ram is for 6000 but i can not get over 4800 any idea why, i bet i would see much faster my system at 6000!!!
already explained why, several times...

you might not get the full 6000. get it as close as you can and be happy with it. or drop to 2 sticks.

Yes i read this but it does not really anser my ? so get it as close but i am at 4400 is that even close to me 4400 and 6000 sounds like it would be a big speed difference no?
Then u said or drop 2 sticks.
Ok what does that do u did not explain if i drop 2 will i get closer to 6000 ?
But the main ? is 4400 and 6000 a big speed diff?

Thanks come on stick with me i send u a nice bottle of wine!!! If your over 21 if not u get pizza for a week !!! pm me your address !!!

Tell you the truth when u made me change the speed before it did not boot so i went back to 4800 then was running and twice i got a blue screen something about kernell i do not remember, then it stared up with a blue screen said windows needs to be repaired i wound up having to do system repair!!! Now everytime i try to run flight sim it runs then a blue sceen and it says tcpip or something !!!!! Is this all software or hardware ???? I mean i just did a clean install of the os!! I been seeing alot of tech guys like jay 2 cents they all been saying asus is having olot of problems with there mb's maybe i should try a diff mb???

Damm this is great i am getting all kinds of problems now since i changed the memory speed i can't do this no more i am going to micro center and buy a whole new system then come back and bash this thing with a sledgehammer !!!

I have been reviewing this thread and honestly there is JUST enough information provided to give you a generic response.

What size of memory is each stick?

looks like most gskill 6000 is only 2 slots in that motherboard. Only can use slots 1 and 2 if they are 2x 16 or 2x 32 gig sticks.

It is highly possible depending on your memory you may never get above the speeds you have seen.

i didnt tell you to change anything, i only answered your questions and told you not to expect 6000 with 4x32GB
You said get as close to 6000 as possible and be happy so that means change the speed lol no? But i am not saying the other problems is your fault cause u said try getting as close, clearly there something wrong with this machine im guessing hardware i did a clean install i changed the ssd m.2 drive and i still got issues..

You said get as close to 6000 as possible and be happy so that means change the speed lol no? But i am not saying the other problems is your fault cause u said try getting as close, clearly there something wrong with this machine im guessing hardware i did a clean install i changed the ssd m.2 drive and i still got issues..
I would call ASUS and ask them what they would expect, I would assume 5200 or 4800. There is nothing else anyone in this forum can do for you.

I have been reviewing this thread and honestly there is JUST enough information provided to give you a generic response.

What size of memory is each stick?

looks like most gskill 6000 is only 2 slots in that motherboard. Only can use slots 1 and 2 if they are 2x 16 or 2x 32 gig sticks.

It is highly possible depending on your memory you may never get above the speeds you have seen.
Yes sorry about that i did not mention more info like how many sticks or size of each stick cause i did not know that made a difference when asking about speed i do not know much about computers sorry, i will also change my sig and add that.

I would assume 5200 or 4800.
the only 4x32 listed in the qvl are kingston 5200 cl40. i post it and suggested he could try those but its still not guaranteed...

ralph youve got to learn how to clear the bios and try different speeds/timings or take it to someone who does and pay to have it done.

I would call ASUS and ask them what they would expect, I would assume 5200 or 4800. There is nothing else anyone in this forum can do for you.
I been calling them for 2 months, then when i got someone bottom line was send it back half way around the world we will look at it lol so i will be with no computer for a month.... and email response is just as bad!! Just one last ? i asked before is there a big speed diff between 4800 and 6000 cause if there is not then i don't got to bother with it anymore...

the only 4x32 listed in the qvl are kingston 5200 cl40. i post it and suggested he could try those but its still not guaranteed...

ralph youve got to learn how to clear the bios and try different speeds/timings or take it to someone who does and pay to have it done.
That i do know how to do shutdown unplug press the clear cmos button in the rear replug and start!!!!!!!!!! HA!!! See i'm smart not dumb like they say!! lol

I would highly suggest you hire someone knowledgeable to solve your issues for you. At the rate you're going, you're going to cause more problems than you fix.

Back