what memory is compability with my mobo?

UnfaTeFuL

Limp Gawd
I tried hours of googling and searched on the manufacture's site for a ram compability list for my motherboard. It seems the generic ram that came with it is pretty damn faulty and can't run anything above 256 ram.

It came down that one of the 256 stick is faulty. I want to know what the best memory is for my AK31A KT-266 motherboard. Don't want to get the wrong one.

Your mobo uses DDR memory, and I assume you're not overclocking, so I'll recommend Crucial memory. PC2100 will do the job nicely, since your CPU has a 266 Mhz FSB.

I just checked out Crucial's website, and the price between PC3200 DIMMS and PC2100 DIMMs are pretty much equal, so I'll just say get PC3200 from Crucial, in case you upgrade mobos/cpus or something.

I second a stick of Crucial PC3200. I use Crucial exclusivly for myself and customers machines, never had a faulty stick yet. Quality RAM is worth the extra money. They also test to ensure compatibility, so you won't have to worry about that.

BillLeeLee said:
Your mobo uses DDR memory, and I assume you're not overclocking, so I'll recommend Crucial memory. PC2100 will do the job nicely, since your CPU has a 266 Mhz FSB.

I just checked out Crucial's website, and the price between PC3200 DIMMS and PC2100 DIMMs are pretty much equal, so I'll just say get PC3200 from Crucial, in case you upgrade mobos/cpus or something.
I've overclocked Crucial ram with sucess. it's quality stuff.

Crucial is great stuff so long as you're not working on an EPIA board.

I'm currently using the crucial i bought for my dad's SIS chipset board in my carputer's board. 2x256 DDR. awesome stuff.

Back