what games did you get with your vid card?

pettybone

Gawd
and tell me what flavor of card it was. pny, bfg, abit! mainly the 6600 and 6800 cards!
i pretty much going to base what card i get from what games it comes with! thnx

with my xfx 6600gt AGP card i got commandos 3, x2: the threat, and moto gp. i havent installed either yet, cuase im benching and its addictive, but from what i hear, x2 is pretty demanding with all the goodies turned on

i got a box and a manual/cd. O YEAH and also......

a coupon for free shipping when I buy a system from ALIENWARE!!! haha

PNY 6800Ultra btw

Leadtek 6800GT

Came with Prince of Persia(first one) and Slinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

BFG 6800GT PCI-e, came with some demos, AND a driver installation disc. I felt so pampered.

pettybone said:
so far the leadtek and the xfx look like the clear winner!
Meh, to each his own.
Personally I would rather get a video card when I buy a video card and not have an inflated price due to OEM games. Software package is NOT a factor I consider when purchasing hardware. Maybe Bittorrent has spoiled me :p
I like having a video card that comes overclocked stock!

nah this will be my first time to go all out on a computer part. and don't have much money to shell out on games or anything. i'd be paying about the same with all these cards , so why not get a couple free games. righ right.

pettybone said:
and tell me what flavor of card it was. pny, bfg, abit! mainly the 6600 and 6800 cards!
i pretty much going to base what card i get from what games it comes with! thnx
u should also consider warranty too.... i believe all the vid cards EXCEPT BFG have a one year warranty... whereas BFG has a lifetime warranty..... just my $0.02

I got Far Cry also, which if you don't have I think is considerably better than the older games that the others come with. I also got HL2 thanks to a Best Buy rebate so I made out well. I paid under $250 AR for my BFG 6800 OC back in Nov.

I got the MSI AGP 6600GT..

Came wih 15 cd's of stuff and for buying the MSI I got Ground Control 2 for free

Came with

XII
Prince of Persia
Uru
Dvd of demos
ALL kinds of apps full versions, including full versions of Winddvd, and windvd creator

GoT it from Zip Zoom Fly.. that is where the Ground Control 2 special is....

It was cheaper than Newegg at the time, $20 cheaper including shipping, dunno the price now..

BBA retail x800XL: nothing
gigabyte 6200: nothing
pny 6600gt: nothing
sapphire x700 pro: nothing

I got nuttin with my pny 6600GT. But I dont care. Im pretty happy with it. 606/1110 overclock with a Zalman cooler :D

I got Uru: ages beyond myst and XIII with mine. Havent played either but i'll probably get into Uru cause it looks nice and people seem to like it.

In total with my 6800gt, i got 14 cds (1 uru, 4 XIII, the rest random 3d apps). Get a BFG, warranty is better than included software.

Back