Watch Dogs Featuring NVIDIA Tech

Those lightning effects need work, they should be throwing out a global flash when they hit.

>TXAA

Oh god no, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh well, at LEAST its not using PhysX, if it was it would probably be another "Nvidia sponsered" fucking 2.X sponsored version of it, must fucking KILL Nvidia that Ubisoft went with Havok instead of them

that at least looks a little bit better than the video they showed a little while back.

Cool! Another console port!
It boggles the mind that PC gamers continuously complain about development being targeted towards the Sony and Microsoft consoles and not the Windows OS.

Console games outsell PC games by what, a 30 - 1 margin? And people whine that their preferred platform isn't being treated as the flagship? What company in their right minds would aggressively target the Windows OS in this day and age? Only developers that exclusively target the F2P crowd - like Valve - need to go after PC sales.

Before anyone goes there, Dice is not a PC developer, with less than 300K of it's 4.6 million NA BF4 sales going to the Windows platform (and less than one tenth of total global sales) there is no way one can make that assertion with a straight face.

>TXAA

Oh god no, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh well, at LEAST its not using PhysX, if it was it would probably be another "Nvidia sponsered" fucking 2.X sponsored version of it, must fucking KILL Nvidia that Ubisoft went with Havok instead of them
Was just about to sarcastically post:

Thread about [AMD feature] drooly eyes hearts hearts hearts.
Thread about [Nvidia feature] HAET everything!!!!!

But I'll go with typical ignorance, as expected, instead. :D

It boggles the mind that PC gamers continuously complain about development being targeted towards the Sony and Microsoft consoles and not the Windows OS.

Console games outsell PC games by what, a 30 - 1 margin? And people whine that their preferred platform isn't being treated as the flagship? What company in their right minds would aggressively target the Windows OS in this day and age? Only developers that exclusively target the F2P crowd - like Valve - need to go after PC sales.

Before anyone goes there, Dice is not a PC developer, with less than 300K of it's 4.6 million NA BF4 sales going to the Windows platform (and less than one tenth of total global sales) there is no way one can make that assertion with a straight face.
windows install base vs xbone/ps4 what wins

Was just about to sarcastically post:

Thread about [AMD feature] drooly eyes hearts hearts hearts.
Thread about [Nvidia feature] HAET everything!!!!!

But I'll go with typical ignorance, as expected, instead. :D

Most annoying thing is PhysX 3.X has been out for YEARS, yet the only commercial game I know of that uses it is Kerbal Space Program, every other game uses PhysX 2.X, even new ones, which have no CPU PhysX support

TXAA sucks anyway, in every single implementation I've seen of it so far. Massive blurring and significant performance loss.

A) The sales gap is changing dramatically. Difference is there is more competition on the PC than on the consoles.

B) your second comment shows a lack of knowledge, PC spending market is in growth, Consoles are on the decline. Ports are also easier and easier, this new generation Consoles are all but PCs (albeit pathetically behind PC on hardware)

C) F2P isn't the only PC sales market, in fact the PC market is surging because of unique games and the ease of access to small developers.

D) Development complaints are from the enthusiast are not targeted towards so much to PC vs Console as much as they are targeted towards the laughable lack of power in the console market and the desire to see a game truly challenge the high end hardware of today. No game does, all decent modern PC setups can run games at 1080P with higher than console graphics settings, often maximum. To push a PC we need to do things retarded like higher resolution or multiple displays, even then only 4k gaming pushes existing setups.

E) the real problem no one wants to address, the elephant in the room if you will, is the cost to develop a 'AAA' game that meets today's graphic standards of last gens 8 year old hardware let alone the 4 year old hardware that's in your new console. I shudder to think of the costs to make a game that pushes PC's, this is why the developer targets consoles, not PC, this is why the developer hasn't embraced the next gen systems. They don't want to pay the cost. Don't say Crisis 2/3, those games programming are garbage.

Will I still play watch dogs, yes. Do I own all systems, yes. Am I disappointed by the latest consoles, absolutely.

windows install base vs xbone/ps4 what wins

windows install base that can run this game at even minimum settings vs xbone/ps4

what wins?

windows install base that can run this game at even minimum settings and is owned by someone who is even remotely interested in gaming at all vs xbone/ps4

what wins?

Those lightning effects need work, they should be throwing out a global flash when they hit.

That was my opinion as well. It looks like there's a horizon fog applied (view distance limiter) that flashes to simulate the lightning. The result was that it wasn't very impressive and lacked the "pop" of what lightning can give the atmosphere of the scene.

TXAA sucks anyway, in every single implementation I've seen of it so far. Massive blurring and significant performance loss.

This is my problem with TXAA, the massive blurring. If you thought FXAA was bad, TXAA is ten times worse. We will have to see how it is implemented in Watch Dogs.

Now, for the other feature, they mentioned HBAO+ which is nice.

However, thats the only 2 features they talked about. I expected more.

Well, thank god Intel is re-focusing on the desktop and THANK FU&$(%$ GOD ... the PS4 and XBox One is pretty much a High-End PC circa 2008

This is my problem with TXAA, the massive blurring. If you thought FXAA was bad, TXAA is ten times worse. We will have to see how it is implemented in Watch Dogs.

Now, for the other feature, they mentioned HBAO+ which is nice.

However, thats the only 2 features they talked about. I expected more.

HBAO is hilariously bad, I mean, stupid bad, I think HardOCP or Overclock.net did a comparison with Far Cry 3, HBAO just makes EVERYTHING hyper black outlines around everything

*checks*

Yup, HardOCP did it

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/12/17/far_cry_3_video_card_performance_iq_review/7#.U0dwKlc25hE

Picture here:

http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1355517972SmtzmJYEeY_7_2_l.png

Sure looks "Good" doesn't it? =)

Would be funny if they made the in-game hacking run in real time on video cards. GTX 780ti SLI? Nice. Intel HD graphics? Might be a while.

HBAO is hilariously bad, I mean, stupid bad, I think HardOCP or Overclock.net did a comparison with Far Cry 3, HBAO just makes EVERYTHING hyper black outlines around everything

*checks*

Yup, HardOCP did it

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/12/17/far_cry_3_video_card_performance_iq_review/7#.U0dwKlc25hE

Picture here:

http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1355517972SmtzmJYEeY_7_2_l.png

Sure looks "Good" doesn't it? =)

HBAO+ is new, I suggest you read up on it.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013...image_quality_video_card_review/#.U0eORvm-3Po

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013...mage_quality_video_card_review/3#.U0eOMPm-3Po

Why are you ladies are crying about TXAA? In the three games I played with it on (ghost, Origins, and AC4) It looked beautiful.

Seems most comments are negative. I thought it looked pretty good to my admittedly old eyes. :)

For some reason, this looks worse than the trailer i remember.
I would say GTA 4 looks almost as good. I'm sure i will play this game, but its just way too late for full price, when so many other games are coming out.

Yeah, looks very pretty to me. Of course, I'm running a 5-generations-old card at home...

Back