Visteon/Phillips LTE072T-4408-1 Datasheets anyone ?

Tos

Weaksauce
I just scavenged a couple of 7" 16/9 LCD displays from a mobile DVD systems installed on a Ford Galaxy, and I've looked everywhere on the net for datasheets so I could hook them up on a computer ( either through TV out or VGA with/without VGA -> composite adapter ) with no luck...

Has any of you guys ever come across such info ?

Help would be really appreciated

Additionnaly, is there like a standard for wiring codes in that type of displays ? maybe default industry standard pinouts ?

PS : those units I have are originally Engineering samples with viston stickers on top of the original phillips ones :)

I've found datasheets on the LTE072T-50 model, I don't know if they are similar, but they are said to handle both composite & RGB+sync on green signals ...

I'll post pics later

There isn't an industry standard. If Visteon/Philips is anything like Samsung, you can contact them with the specifics and they'll take care of you. I had a similar project involving a laptop LCD, and Samsung told me what I needed to know.

In a somewhat kamikaze manner, I tried to power one of the LCDs up ... I was lucky ( and cable color codes for ground and +12V seem to follow logic ) and the display lit itself up ... 8 wires to go

I now have to figure out the following cables :

blue - green - grey - white - purple - orange - brown - yellow ( from left to right )

pics soon to come :)

*update* pics :

img04682gc.jpg

img04693pg.jpg

What it came from :D
img04709xi.jpg

Since Phillips tech support didn't give a shit about my request for help, I tried using the LTE072T-50 datasheets to guess pinouts, and successfully wired the LCD to my 9800 Pro TV-Out. Both LCDs are pin compatible, thus making it easier ( only needed to guess a few wires from the connector, namely GND ( x2 ) +12V ( backlight & driver ) and composite + GND

Might post pics later if anyone cares ...

I did check that site ( along every philips related site I could find ) with no luck ( also, I don't think I'd find datasheets for LCDs in the semi conductors branch ;)

and me saying "Philips tech support didn't give a shit" is based on the 3 months of waiting for an answer to my emails ( I've had the LCDs since December actually ). That is not the kind of support I would expect from a major electronics company. End of the story.

Okay, I made an inquiry, I'll let you know when they respond, and forward you the information I receive.

as I told you, it's useless now since I've figured out the pinouts. But thanks for the help anyway :D

Hello, Tos,

I got two of those screens from a Renault Espace.
We are at least two in the world with the same problem!!!
You resolved it...Not me..not yet!

Same TFT (LTE072T-4408), same electronic module on top, as yours.
Could you post the pin assignment? (a picture should be ok...)
I would like to connect my video card on it.
By the way, I'm looking for a datasheet.Could you give a link for the LTE0727-50 datasheet ?

Thanks a lot!!!

Hi

I got a couple of LCD screens (Philips LTE072T-4408-1) and i would like to connect them to a dvd player or some other type of video source. So could anyone please help me with some info on how to connect them? I looked at the pictures posted on the screen and the one I got look just the same!

Thank you!

Best regards!

D from Sweden

Hi,

does anybody know where I could get such an active matrix module from? Seems quite hopeless to find one nowadays... In which appliances can I find one?
In fact, I am looking desperately for a LTE072T44552 coming from a Citroen C5, but from your pics, it seems to be quite the same as the 4408-1- any information about this one?

Thanks

Juergen

Hi all.

I realise this thread is quite old now, but I wondered if anyone could help...

I have a Ford Galaxy with TV screens in the headrests just like the ones photographed on this thread.

The car also has a DVD player, and when you play a DVD in the player, it obviously comes through the screens in the headrests.

Also on the front of the control panel, (at the back of the car where the unit's volume is) is an auxillary input (red, white and yellow plugs), where you're able to plug in stuff like a PlayStation etc.

However, I've tried plugging my laptop into this and it comes out as just black and white, with some strange lines at the bottom of the screen.

I also playing my camcorder (which is definitely Pal), and I get the same thing - black and white with strange lines at the bottom.

Does this indicate that the screens are NTSC, and if so, is it possible to get an NTSC to Pal converter that could be powered from a car?

Any help would be much, much appreciated.

I'm not a TV expert, but it sounds like there are two problems:

1) something's wrong with the control panel, and it's having trouble picking up the color. In the composite (yellow wire), the color and the brightness are combined into a single signal. In the S-Video, I believe, they come on two different wires.
2) the weird lines sound like a sync problem, and things are underscanned.

Again, though, I'm no expert. You might ask over in the HTPC subforum--those guys know a lot more about this kind of stuff.

I have the same headsets Philips LTE072T-4408-1 and the same problem, is there a solution for the wiring?

blue - green - grey - white - purple - orange - brown - yellow ( from left to right )

Hello guys,

I'm french and I have two monitor like Tos in black color.
If you need I send it. If you want I can send a picture.

Bye

Back