Using a 2.1 speaker setup and a 5/6/7.1 sound card

Badger

Gawd
Hello I was wondering if anyone could answer this question. I have some Creative T2900's. They are a 2.1 speaker setup. All the connections are made through the sub, for example, there is a line out cable from the line out on my motherboard to the line in on the sub, where the sub distinguishes everything and then sends the signlas to out the left and right speakers.

I want to upgrade my sound card to something like an Audigy 2, but that's like 5.1 or 6.1 or something. How would I connect my speakers to that? Is there just a line out on the audigy that I could use? or could i connect sub to sub using the line out, right to right, and left to left from speakers to card? the left and right speakers appear to have different connectors than would work with the card.

You would just hook up the one miniplug to the audigy, and set your speaker to 2.0. Your speakers have an internal crossover that will automatically route all 'bass' level frequencies to the sub anyways, so you have nothing to worry about.

Thank you for the reply, I may just go out and get an Audigy 2, Best Buy has them for $50 right now after rebates.

Back