usb flash drive issue

jeffmoss26

2[H]4U
Ok. I have a 15 dollar micro center 1GB flash drive. maybe that's the first problem.
but anyway I was home for the weekend and needed to put some stuff on the drive to take back to school. well it worked fine all weekend..no issues. however when i went to plug it in here at school, i got an error. It says 'USB Device Not Recognized" and I checked Device Manager and it looks fine. Anybody have any ideas?

rebooting the machine might help if it's the only one you've tried it on.

update:
tried it in the computer lab at school to no avail. went to the tech support guys and it didn't work there either...

well curiosity got the best of me so i took the beast apart. lo and behold, a nice burn mark on the circuit board and part of the case!
Pic:
flashdrive006.jpg

jeffmoss26 said:
well curiosity got the best of me so i took the beast apart. lo and behold, a nice burn mark on the circuit board and part of the case!
Pic:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/jeffmoss26/flashdrive006.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
LOL, my usb Network adapter is now running naked, kinda looks like your memory stick :D
sucks tho that you had to take it apart to find out what was wrong, now you have no warrenty, But you get what you pay for I guess, good thing you didn't pay much :)

the USB Network adapter ran really hot and would stop working after a couple hours of intense WoW Action, si I took it apart and added a heatsink to the main chip and now it runs great!

Back