USB 3.0 PCI-E Card is slower than onboard USB 2.0???

cmanser

Limp Gawd
Just put in a Rosewill 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI Express Card Model RC-505 in my Asus P6T Deluxe V2 thinking the faster speed of USB 3.0 would be nice.

Just doing some stopwatch tests on 5GB files transfering to a Corsair Voyager USB 3.0 the USB 2.0 onboard is faster.

The card has the Renesas chip with the newest drivers and I have tried the 1x slot and the 16x/8x slots on the board.

THIS SUCKS

Any ideas?

That's not good. Can you try anything else for this test? I recently bought a different brand with the same chip and it worked great.

What brand did you get? I am willing to try as I want to get some faster speeds out of this.

odd indeed. i'd definitely try testing with something else and if the problem persists, RMA that POS back to the egg, lol.

What brand did you get? I am willing to try as I want to get some faster speeds out of this.
The brand is AnyLink. Never heard of it. Just happened to be in a local computer shop so I figured I could return it easiily.

I have the same problem. With a Team-1 32GB USB 3.0 flash drive, I get 13MB/sec read, 8MB/sec write with a Renesas Electronics 4 port PCI-e card for USB 3.0. On my USB 2.0 port I get 24 and 8.5.

Also, the software and drivers from Renesas did not even work. I found VIA VL800 drivers elsewhere that did work. That might have had something to do with the slow speed, but doubtful.

You can get the latest Renesas drivers from the Intel site - just go to their drives pages and search for Renesas.

I'm having the same problem with the same card - Rosewill 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI Express Card Model RC-505.

I've tried an AData 16gb usb 3.0 flash drive and two external 2.5" usb 3.0 drives, and all benchmark like they are connected to usb 2.0, and of course I always get the "... connect this device to a superspeed usb 3.0 port for better performance" prompt when I connect to the card.

Back