Unifi cams that use 24v passive

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
I was able to get 2 Ubiquiti Solar Controllers. Sunmax whatever.

I'm gonna use them in my property, I have 30 acres, so gonna put wifi in remote areas.

However, ubnt in all thier wisdom made thier technical data about thier products about as technical as an Ikea instruction. Absolutely useless information.

They just stamp Poe on everything. So is it 24 passive or 48v? Sigh.

My question is, Does anyone know what modern cameras support 24v passive? I reached out with a ticket to ubnt but haven't received response yet.

I want to use 2x 12v batteries in serial for 24v, a 100w panel, a Unifi Solar Controller, an outdoor mesh AP, a 5ghz ptp Airmax, and a 24v passive camera all pole mounted into ground.

I have 2 g3 bullets on my house and they support 24v passive. And they have old school documentation which list everything they can do. The new documentation method is absolutely TRASH.

Solmax right on their website in the technical information section
Output Interfaces
24VDC Passive PoE (Pins 4, 5+; 7, :cool:
24VDC Terminal Block
Output Voltage
Battery Voltage Limited to 24V (Surge Protection)
Maximum Power Output
PoE: 17W, DC Out: 24W, Max. 40W Total
Battery Type
24V SLA, AGM, Gel Lead Battery

UVC-G3 in their pdf for it
Power method 802.3af
PoE mode A
Supported voltage range 24 to 48VDC

Not sure what you arent finding or maybe im not understanding but each product states the voltage it takes over poe.

Passive POE is 24V, POE or 802.3af is 48V.

I went and looked at more products and did find some that just say POE.

All of their current cameras for sale in their store appear to 48v listing the range of 37v-57v except for a handful of POE++ devices which have even higher power requirements.

Solmax right on their website in the technical information section
Output Interfaces
24VDC Passive PoE (Pins 4, 5+; 7, :cool:
24VDC Terminal Block
Output Voltage
Battery Voltage Limited to 24V (Surge Protection)
Maximum Power Output
PoE: 17W, DC Out: 24W, Max. 40W Total
Battery Type
24V SLA, AGM, Gel Lead Battery

UVC-G3 in their pdf for it
Power method 802.3af
PoE mode A
Supported voltage range 24 to 48VDC

Not sure what you arent finding or maybe im not understanding but each product states the voltage it takes over poe.
I'm not asking about the solar charge controllers. I'm asking about unifi cams. They don't specify what us 48v or 24v and where they do its half passed.

My g3 bullets can use 24v and 48v. But they're old. What does the new stuff actually use. We don't know because they just plop POE as a spec. There's Poe 24v, poe 48v, poe+,++, etc... ubiquiti is ambiguous with thier new stuff. Trust me you'd see the ambiguity if you were setting up remote solar stations like me. It's uncommon but people do it. I assumed someone here knew more about the cams than what's published. Still waiting on ubnt to reply to my ticket. My ticket question was simple. Out of all the current cameras you sell, which will support 24v passive?

Simple question. Hope they get back to me.

I'm not asking about the solar charge controllers. I'm asking about unifi cams. They don't specify what us 48v or 24v and where they do its half passed.

My g3 bullets can use 24v and 48v. But they're old. What does the new stuff actually use. We don't know because they just plop POE as a spec. There's Poe 24v, poe 48v, poe+,++, etc... ubiquiti is ambiguous with thier new stuff. Trust me you'd see the ambiguity if you were setting up remote solar stations like me. It's uncommon but people do it. I assumed someone here knew more about the cams than what's published. Still waiting on ubnt to reply to my ticket. My ticket question was simple. Out of all the current cameras you sell, which will support 24v passive?

Simple question. Hope they get back to me.
Might even be able to find some of their distributors and talk to them, as long as you find an informed one that provides solutions and not just a seller.

Back