Two years after launch Windows 11 adoption is still waaaay behind Windows 10

Microsoft tries too hard to appeal to everybody and ultimately fails at pleasing most.
It's more like Microsoft kind of does whatever they want while ignoring everyone's complaints and adding things nobody asked for. They also take months to fix critical bugs or even worse, like in this article, they just straight up tell everyone they can't fix a critical bug they introduced in a Windows update. They're just going to ignore it because they gave up. Microsoft also offers an optional "script" that can be downloaded in an attempt to fix the bug, but if implemented wrong, will format the hard drive.

Making excuses for Microsoft's garbage decisions helps no one. I did read it. It sounds like he's trying to reconcile all the stupid crap Microsoft has done. "We have what we have" is on par with that thinking as well. And soon we're going to be force-fed this AI garbage that nobody asked for. But it's 2024, not 1994. We have what we have.

Na, there is actually complaining and then there is letting things go and living life, since computers are just a tool and not the end all, be all of exsistance.

I understand that completely. But having ads shouldn't stop you from using an OS that's superior in every other way.
This is like saying Windows 98 Second Edition is superior to Windows 98. Windows doesn't change all that much between versions. From Windows 95 to Windows ME, it's nearly all the same OS. Windows 2000 and XP are also nearly the same OS. Windows Vista to Windows 11 are nearly similar, and so much so that Microsoft allowed DX12 for World of Warcraft on Windows 7. Any new version of Windows is just Microsoft limiting updates that would otherwise work just fine.
But I suppose if enough people fight back maybe MSFT will pull some of the ads and other annoyances from the OS which will be good for the consumer.
Not likely. If anything you'll see tools used to remove these ads, which Microsoft will promptly block with updates. It's not like you have a choice if you're using Windows on your computer.

It's more like Microsoft kind of does whatever they want while ignoring everyone's complaints and adding things nobody asked for. They also take months to fix critical bugs or even worse, like in this article, they just straight up tell everyone they can't fix a critical bug they introduced in a Windows update. They're just going to ignore it because they gave up. Microsoft also offers an optional "script" that can be downloaded in an attempt to fix the bug, but if implemented wrong, will format the hard drive.
How dare you question Microsoft! You have committed OS treason and this forum will not have any of it. It's your fault for not accepting crappy programming quality, data collection and ads. Get with the program, slave.

/s

Windows is literally a meme at this point programmed by people who care nothing about the user experience.

This is no longer a discussion, as based upon responses in this thread. Complaining is not a discussion and is of no value.
The only thing that isn't of value is this comment.

How dare you question Microsoft! You have committed OS treason and this forum will not have any of it. It's your fault for not accepting crappy programming quality, data collection and ads. Get with the program, slave.

/s
You're right, I'm sorry. :(

Awful people are the ones that tell others their opinions or concerns are of no value. Even if i don't agree with someone, they still have value in what they think. Otherwise why even be on a forum, echo chambers are boring.

Yeah but, whining and crying coming from full grown adults males helps nothing. Instead, it is best to either work around the limits or find another tool that will do the job better. Otherwise, it is just repeating the same old shit, ad homium from 1994, 2004 and so on.

Yeah but, whining and crying coming from full grown adults males helps nothing. Instead, it is best to either work around the limits or find another tool that will do the job better. Otherwise, it is just repeating the same old shit, ad homium from 1994, 2004 and so on.
None of us are accomplishing anything in here, its just conversation. It is also just as easy for you to not respond and disregard something that is of no interest. Equate it to real life. Would you sitting there at the bar with the rest of us and say 'stop whining im going to go live life' and continue to sit there? Or just walk away and no departure announcement is even needed.

There never will be a one-size-fits-all for anything. Most times for me i find fixes for annoyances in these types of threads for things i hadnt googled or thought about trying to fix so it's kinda nice.

Oh well, complain away in the corner, I will be over here, outside, living life. 😊
You're not outside, living life. You're on the internet, telling people they can't have discussions online. You're being silly. It makes me wonder why you're even here. If people discussing things online triggers you, perhaps the internet isn't the best place for you.

None of us are accomplishing anything in here, its just conversation. It is also just as easy for you to not respond and disregard something that is of no interest. Equate it to real life. Would you sitting there at the bar with the rest of us and say 'stop whining im going to go live life' and continue to sit there? Or just walk away and no departure announcement is even needed.

There never will be a one-size-fits-all for anything. Most times for me i find fixes for annoyances in these types of threads for things i hadnt googled or thought about trying to fix so it's kinda nice.
Pretty much. We're not trying to win a Nobel Prize. We're discussing our hobbies online. And we're allowed to praise or complain about the current state of tech. His stance is so asinine, entitled, and childish that I don't even know where to begin. This forum is full of extremely helpful people willing to dedicate their time to helping each other. And even the back and forth banter of disagreements is fun. But telling others they can't have conversations is ridiculous and unnecessary.

Last edited:
You're not outside, living life. You're on the internet, telling people they can't have discussions online. You're being silly. It makes me wonder why you're even here. If people discussing things online triggers you, perhaps the internet isn't the best place for you.
He could be outside on his laptop, touching grass. It would be super uncomfortable, and the sun will make looking at the screen super hard plus the bugs and everything.
Pretty much. We're not trying to win a Nobel Prize. We're discussing our hobbies online. And we're allowed to praise or complain about the current state of tech. His stance is so asinine, entitled, and childish that I don't even know where to begin. This forum is full of extremely helpful people willing to dedicate their time to helping each other. And even the back and forth banter of disagreements is fun. But telling others they can't have conversations is ridiculous and unnecessary.
It's a hobby for some, but a business for many others. Nobody likes their work flow interrupted by an ad about Copilot. This is what I got when using my Asus X201E that does have Windows 10 for doing things like reprogramming my Corvette. Put a cam in it and having a hard time getting it to not stale when driving. Would have really pissed me off that the Copilot ad could interrupt the process and brick my cars computer. If I could use PCMHammer on Linux I would, but like so many other car software tools, it requires Windows.

Would have really pissed me off that the Copilot ad could interrupt the process and brick my cars computer.
lol right.... there are no copilot ads, its just there, and if youre doing it on a "home" install youre just asking for probs.

seems like most of the bitching is by people that dont actually use it, nor understand that the vast majority of windows user, aka normies/plebs, dont give a shit.

lol right.... there are no copilot ads, its just there, and if youre doing it on a "home" install youre just asking for probs.

seems like most of the bitching is by people that dont actually use it, nor understand that the vast majority of windows user, aka normies/plebs, dont give a shit.
You saying I imaged the Copilot pop up that came up from the bottom right? This ain't a fast laptop, so when that popup showed up I panicked because the laptop slowed down drastically. Opening up a web browser on this laptop is a time consuming process. I don't want any system resources being used for ads. I don't want to find out that a Microsoft ad interrupted a flash to a bios or in my case a car PCM. Microsoft can put ads on internet websites like everyone else, so I can block them.

Back