Tube Reservoir Orientation Question

mhenley

[H]ard|Gawd
Finally have enough disposable income to justify the desire to do my first watercooled rig. Been researching, reading, verifying info, and then going back around again to make sure I don't waste my money on useless junk. One question that keeps rattling around is in reference to tube reservoir orientation. We'll use this attached picture for easy illustration. Does it matter which end is up once installed? Is the side with two ports supposed to be on the bottom? the top?
51IA5TvIANL._SX522_.jpg

Not really. Just note the tube inside (or sometimes a wall/partition) is supposed to help keep bubbles from circulating back into the loop. In order to do that it needs to be in the water. And the outlet needs to be in the water as well, for obvious reasons.

Thought so, just wanted to be sure. I've noticed lots of gimmicks used for anti vortex, or even waterfall features, but I immediately understood the reason for the small tube inside. I plan on having that on top and making sure my fluid is filled well above the rim to ensure aeration doesn't occur. Thanks, Nobu.

Oh, btw, for that particular res, I believe the top is G1/2 thread, not G1/4, or something like that. It's meant to be a fill port, but not all reservoirs are like that.

Thanks for pointing that out. This was just an example picture and not the one I was looking at. That one doesn't clearly show both sides ports simultaneously in one picture. G1/4 all the way for all of my selections. :)

Back