Tron 2.0 is on Steam (and on sale)

DWolvin

2[H]4U
I just noticed that the (very fun, a bit buggy) FPS Tron 2.0 is on steam, and included in the summer sale. And I wouldn't have noticed it but RPS noted that it was just patched to be fully Win10 compatible. Bonus!

Protip: next time provide a link to the Steam store for the game, will ya. :D

I loved this game. It is super, mega dated at this point, but I might pick it up for nostalgia.

I love this game too, I lost my original CD so I picked it up on Steam last year. I had to use the Killer App Mod that DWolvin linked, worked fine for me back around November/December 2016. I got the itch to reload my OS recently so I've just downloaded Tron 2.0 again to try this new patch. Unfortunately I get a crash when trying to load my save games. It looks like I will still need the Killer App Mod to run this thing.

Even though it is older, because it is "Tron" graphics I don't think it looks so bad or outdated. The issue is jumping through hoops to get it working and have proper widescreen support (with this new patch and no KillerAppMod, the highest res available to me was the very odd 1920x1440). But it's not that difficult to get going and once I was playing I remembered why I liked it so much. The disc combat is great, other weapons are very cool and fun to use but I really liked to use the disc as much as I could.

Yea, the Killer App really makes it almost modern (in feel). I also lost the original disk way back, and have finished at least a few playthroughs, but for about tree fiddy I couldn't resist the nostalgia.

IMO it's still a great game. Definitely use Killer App. I still play this every so often, and it's very enjoyable. Just needs a little tweaking to get it just right.

Totally worth it for less than 3bucks. Remember having a blast with this ten or eleven years ago

Back