Tower Cooler temp question.

Ruddys

Weaksauce
Hi my second day in this forum and already second question.

I am running i9 9900k with Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU cooler.
Does Cooler should get warmer as well when CPU temps reaches 70c for example?

I did rund Aida64 temps reaches around 79c but when I touch CPU cooler its almost cold.
Is that normal or should I be concerned?

the colder the better.. a cooler that get warm under CPU extended loads will get overwhelmed at some point by the heat and have reduced cooling performance as it won't be able to keep the heatpipes working at the same speed, it's the job of the fans to keep the cooler cold and moving the heat dissipated out of the cooler as fast as possible.. tho it is normal to feel warm air going out the cooler.. in high wattage CPU as the 9900K you should feel even warm air being exhausted out of the case when the CPU is heavy loaded.

I am running my i9 9900k @4.7gh 1.25v but there is no signs of those 79c what cpu shows it.CPU cooler stays cold and ex oust fan does not deliver hot air out of PC.Exoust fan feels like warm milk temp for child at best ( could not think better way to compare).
Had i7 6700k with lower temps and exoust fan was noticeably pushing hotter air out .

Got me confused

That 79°c that your CPU is running at is happening in a thumbnail-sized piece of silicon. The whole purpose of your cooler is to take that heat from a tiny area and spread it out over a much larger area (those being the fins of the cooler) so that a fan can move that heat out of your system by blowing on said surface area.

If your heatsink were anywhere near the temperature of your processor core, it would be doing a terrible job of removing that heat.

In short, you've nothing to worry about - your cooler is doing its job, as is evident in your load temperatures.

Welcome to the forum! =)

Glad to be part of forum :) And even its my second question while being in this forum answers are received faster than I could imagine.

Thanks again for advice :)

Back