Tom Clancy's The Division 3

Armenius

Extremely [H]
New studio appointment at Ubisoft Massive turns into a "The Division 3" announcement. Whoops.

https://x.com/ubimassive/status/1704889003835596990
https://nitter.privacydev.net/ubimassive/status/1704889003835596990
1695312915267.png

I just assumed The Division Heartland was The Division 3. Good to know.

When's Heartland coming out anyway? Or is this a sign it's getting cancelled?

Heartland is a standalone spinoff of the main series being developed by Red Storm. As far as I know, it's still in development. This tweet mentions building a team for the official sequel, so I would imagine this is still years away.

I'm probably gonna sound like one of those god damn lunatics here with this as well but what the hell

Would it be too much to ask for like any sense of a/any type of story?

You know 'There's this guy Keener and Fai Lau or whatever is a spy' was it and the entirety of it in all it's descriptive accuracy and glory - it also didn't help a 7 second cutscene or recording was also the big reveal after 14 days of grinding hope you paid attention Edit: wait I saved Washington too - was there even a story for Washington? < Exactly what I'm talking about I can't even remember.

Last edited:
Probably a PS6 launch(Give or take 6 months) title? Obviously coming to pc too.

I'm probably gonna sound like one of those god damn lunatics here with this as well but what the hell

Would it be too much to ask for like any sense of a/any type of story?

You know 'There's this guy Keener and Fai Lau or whatever is a spy' was it and the entirety of it in all it's descriptive accuracy and glory - it also didn't help a 7 second cutscene or recording was also the big reveal after 14 days of grinding hope you paid attention Edit: wait I saved Washington too - was there even a story for Washington? < Exactly what I'm talking about I can't even remember.
When you boil it down these games are a 90% grind. I typically hate grind, but I found exception to The Division and The Division 2 mainly due to immersion into the world. It's also a game I can relax, lean back and play with a gamepad.

These are aesthetically pleasing games. Then again, so are Wildlands and Breakpoint.

When you boil it down these games are a 90% grind. I typically hate grind, but I found exception to The Division and The Division 2 mainly due to immersion into the world. It's also a game I can relax, lean back and play with a gamepad.

These are aesthetically pleasing games. Then again, so are Wildlands and Breakpoint.

Same, only looter shooter game let alone series I like, only cause of world/graphics/environment - lets me zone out the grind instead of get fed up with it

Heartland is a standalone spinoff of the main series being developed by Red Storm. As far as I know, it's still in development. This tweet mentions building a team for the official sequel, so I would imagine this is still years away.

Isn't it also supposed to be F2P?

I hope they do some new stuff with this one. I enjoyed 2, never played 1, after buying it on sale during one of the big discount deals, but loot grinding never did it for me so once I beat the game saw little reason to keep playing. If the invasions actually kept up and were meaningful, I would have kept playing. After a while of points being taken just after re-capturing them, it got old.

I have also wanted to see them do kind of a fantasy/urban fantasy version something like the book Dies the Fire where technology stops working overnight, but magic is slowly introduced. They already have things like crossbows, shields, some melee, specials that could easily be explained as magic spells, etc.

Isn't it also supposed to be F2P?

I hope they do some new stuff with this one. I enjoyed 2, never played 1, after buying it on sale during one of the big discount deals, but loot grinding never did it for me so once I beat the game saw little reason to keep playing. If the invasions actually kept up and were meaningful, I would have kept playing. After a while of points being taken just after re-capturing them, it got old.

I have also wanted to see them do kind of a fantasy/urban fantasy version something like the book Dies the Fire where technology stops working overnight, but magic is slowly introduced. They already have things like crossbows, shields, some melee, specials that could easily be explained as magic spells, etc.
Yes, Heartland is going to be F2P.

Meh, leaving a skeleton crew for The Division 2 and not being able to fix the CTDs kind of blew the wind out of my sails. I missed several seasons and still have been unable to play it without a CTD.

Also, I didn't really like the changes Massive made to TD2 from TD1.

Might not be a launch day, depends on where and what happens in the next few years.

Wasn't a real fan of Heartland during the PVP nighttime mode so only went out during the PVE daytime, I hope TD3 is nothing like that, oh and has a full large DZ like the first game.

Edit: They better release a Survival DLC this time too.

Last edited:
Probably a PS6 launch(Give or take 6 months) title? Obviously coming to pc too.
PS5 and PS6

The part I liked the most about the Divsion 2 were the Maps and Soundtrack the gameplay and sounds sucked. Overall the gameplay was bad as a whole but it was visually fun to look at.

Last edited:
Heartland looks and plays terribly. The first Division game is still the high water mark for the series in a lot of ways.

I think NY is the setting for this franchise and they should go back to it in Div3.

Heartland looks and plays terribly. The first Division game is still the high water mark for the series in a lot of ways.

I think NY is the setting for this franchise and they should go back to it in Div3.

Survival in TD1 was epic. Still fun after all these years.

I'm in on Day 1. My favorite vid game series of all time. Warts and all.

Meh, leaving a skeleton crew for The Division 2 and not being able to fix the CTDs kind of blew the wind out of my sails. I missed several seasons and still have been unable to play it without a CTD.

Also, I didn't really like the changes Massive made to TD2 from TD1.

Might not be a launch day, depends on where and what happens in the next few years.

Wasn't a real fan of Heartland during the PVP nighttime mode so only went out during the PVE daytime, I hope TD3 is nothing like that, oh and has a full large DZ like the first game.

Edit: They better release a Survival DLC this time too.
I came back TD2 two months ago and haven’t CTD once.

and its dead...

The Division Heartland cancelled as Ubisoft lays off 1,700 people in 18 months​

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/othe...1&cvid=8393add097f04433948e7c408bd5d023&ei=17

Wow that is a big fail that is a ton of workers..... a job in a video game industry is like a pink slip every few years.

Back