Three monitors with ASUS GTX 680?

MaadDaawg

Limp Gawd
i've been trying, with no luck, in creating an Eyefiitiy type 3 monitor display several hours with no luck.

Can anyone tell me how many monitors this card will driver?

It's an ASUS GTX 680 TOP Edition... 2 x DVI, 1 x HDML, 1 x Display Port.

anyone?

It will drive 4 monitors.

Are you having trouble getting each monitor to display something or getting the Eyefinity/NV Surround span working?

Any combination of connectors and monitors is A-OK in 2D Surround, though in 3D Vision Surround the two DVI connectors and single DisplayPort connector must be utilized, and users must have three matching 3D Vision monitors. Furthermore, the 3D Vision monitor connected to the DisplayPort requires a DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter if the monitor lacks native DisplayPort compatibility.

http://www./whats-new/articles/nvidia-surround-on-the-geforce-gtx-680/#1

What monitors are you using and how do you have them hooked up?

I ran my 680 using 2 DVI ports and an HDMI to DVI cable (HDMI in the video card to DVI on the LCD) and it worked great.

Post the following if you're still having trouble:

Full systems specs (motherboard, CPU, RAM, power supply)
Card make/model
Displays (make/model/resolution)
OS
Drivers

I ran my 680 using 2 DVI ports and an HDMI to DVI cable (HDMI in the video card to DVI on the LCD) and it worked great.

Card make/model
OS
Drivers

What was your FPS on BF3/FPS games with 3 and a single card?

What was your FPS on BF3/FPS games with 3 and a single card?

BF3 never ran great in single card surround but I think it may have been patched around the time I got my second one.

BFBC2 ran pretty decently and overall performance was about equal to the pair of 480s that I replaced (with far less heat of course).

I actually just sold one of my cards as I'm more focused on firearms lately and have not played any FPS games in weeks.

As a general rule, a single 680 should be able to run most FPS games pretty well on 3 screens - the exceptions being the handful of super demanding games like BF3.

I may add another 680 down the road, perhaps of the price drops, but I don't know - I'm hoping for a next gen product around March/April which is when my annual bonus hits...

Card make/model
OS
Drivers

+1
Post your specs, especially monitors. Nvidia surround will only work identical monitors.
I've had my 670 hooked up to 4 monitors with 3 in surround with absolutely no issues.

+1
Post your specs, especially monitors. Nvidia surround will only work identical monitors.
I've had my 670 hooked up to 4 monitors with 3 in surround with absolutely no issues.

Full system specs? ok
Rampage III Extreme black Edition, water cooled
Swiftech HD CPU water block
Intel i7 980x hexcore
12GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz C8
ASUS GTX 680 TOP Edition
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Drivers most recent as of last week
3 x ASUS WW266H Monitors

Still not able to get it working ???????

I've been using the display port adapter w/ DVI, I'll try it with a DVI/HDMI cable and see if that helps

Back