The Official [H]ard|Gaming Minecraft Server

Landmark and Starbound are both on my radar, both should be in beta within a few months.

I was on one of the older servers (ADX321) but not this one but sad to see it go.

I"ve been wanting to get back on in so long. Not being in class all day really hampers my MC time.
Ah well, RIP [H]Minecraft.

I am not trying to ressurect [H]ardcraft or anything like that, but since the server is gone and this thread would be the most likely place every everyone at [H] to see it, I'll like to offer my server to those who still want to play, or those who want something different in Minecraft.

I have a server I'm running, it's more RPG/Action oriented then just mine and build. You will die a lot more, but there is 4x more content. The biggest changes is with Tinker's Construct, I enabled the hardcore features, like no vanilla recipe for tools, you have to use Tinkers workbenches/tables.

http://jlcgaming.com/kgb_survival.php

All the information is there and links to each mod I run, if you would like a direct link to a zip file then you can PM me for it, most terms of use say no public distribution so will have to be through PM.

I recommend reading the page I linked to the bottom, there is useful information for starting out because this will not be a normal MC experience.

OH, it's white listed so I added the ones I remembered off the top of my head, if ya can't get it let me know and I'll add you... I tried to get the old whitelist but it's not something you normally keep around lol

Well big uproar over on the MC forum, the new MC EULA says that any software made for MC can be freely distributed as long as I don't take credit for the work.

None of the mods in this pack are mine. I take no credit for them.

Mod List:
Tinker's Construct + Mechworks (Hardcore Config Enabled)
Natura
Mists of RioV
Nohero's More Health Enhanced!
Infernal Mobs
Ruins
Millenaire
Deconstruction Table

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nivzg4o16adwrz8/KGB Mods.zip

Hrm... I don't think Mojang can do that, at least not in the US. How can they mandate that some third party give away their products for free?

Just saying, be careful.

Link to MC forum thread?

Here is the link, there is tons of discussion trying to interpret what the EULA says
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2323043-to-mod-creators-copyrights-and-malicious-code/

One section that is getting the most attention
Modders receive permission to play the game and distribute mods from Mojang, just like other players, through the terms of use. They do not get to dictate their own terms of use for content that is created for Minecraft.

Modders cannot dictate their own terms of use, therefore they can't say who can and can't distribute mods for minecraft, because of mojangs? This is how a lot of the modding community is taking it and a lot of the developers are leaving because of it.

Of course this only effect a very small percentage, most modders license their mods under creative commons or any of the other free to do as you please licenses just give em credit kind of thing.

Those folks need to get a lawyer.
That section says, essentially, that a mod-creator cannot create a mod that, say, allows for the collection and sale of user information, or that the mod maker may collect map files and sell designs, etc. Essentially it makes it so mods cannot modify the Mojang EULA by a user installing the mod.

That has nothing to do with the ability for modders to charge for their content or create their own EULAs regarding the sale and distribution of their products.

Also, the interpretation of the user 'luke' is mistaken in a lot of ways and he clearly doesn't understand copyright law.
Mojang HAS to get these permissions from the modder inmany countries in order to avoid copyright infringement suits against it for necessary functions. For example, say you write a mod and send it it. You have to give Mojang and it's affiliates (server companies, hosting etc) permission to copy and distribute the code, as well as modify it if they want to zip it or package it in a particular format.

Also, Because the mods are not DRM protected, there is no way for Mojang to prevent people from copying and messing with your mod. That means, they are covering their ass against an induced-infringement or contributory-infringement case by saying you give everyone permission to mess with your code.

Bottom line, if you want to make money off your mod, sell it outside of the Mojang 'store' or however they distribute it. Then you can set your own EULA, and be damned with Mojang.

So, it's been 3 months since HardCraft went offline. Now that the holidays are over... If, in theory, someone were to get something going again, would anyone be interested in playing?

Been looking at the TPPI pack. It is a bulky pack but extremely well documented. It even has a little mod of its own with in game books that give summaries of mods and details on ore distribution etc

For sure, they put a lot of thought into the config too. Their little add on mod disables most of the annoying ars magica mobs for example

Well being Reddit's mod pack, they'll have the resources and people to pretty much do anything they want. If there is a feature they want, prolly can get someone to make it for em stat lol

keep us informed . I may squeeze a few hours of MC with all the Hashland vets!

Server is up.

IP: 107.167.93.108

Default port. Whitelist enabled but I don't have the old whitelist so if you're interested in playing you'll have to post your in-game name here.

Install Test Pack Please Ignore 0.2.3 on the FTB launcher. by choosing Private Packs and typing in MegaSharkPunch. Choose Edit Mods and disable LegacyCraft. Ignore the prompt to download additional mods when launching the pack. I have not installed them.

In the launcher: Under Options click Advanced Options, and add the following line to Additional Java Parameters

-XX:permSize=256m

It's a big mod pack so you'll need the extra permgen space. If we get people playing again I will update the original post with all this info. If not, oh well.

Read the second book in your inventory for documentation on the modpack and commands etc.

As an aside, once there is more fully functional server software and the game comes out of beta, I will be running a Starbound server if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I would like to play starbound MP... I haven't yet...

I've never heard of this PermSize command...

intriguing.

Guess I need to come back too! :)

Also, I dont have StarBound, if I did, I would start playing it.

Starbound is pretty good, but its still pretty early on. Lots of stuff missing, not really content complete. I enjoy it but I'm mostly holding out until the full progression is implemented instead of the current placeholder system.

I was on for a bit and built a cobblestone hut at the top of a gigantic mountain...I'm rethinking that now lol, but the modpack looks interesting. I especially like Mekanism.

I was on for a bit and built a cobblestone hut at the top of a gigantic mountain...I'm rethinking that now lol, but the modpack looks interesting. I especially like Mekanism.

I haven't messed with the latest version of Mekanism but i saw a video with someone using it a bit in an ore x5 setup and it was pretty cool. Right now I'm just working on my tinkers consturct stuff, trying to find sliems etc.

I haven't messed with the latest version of Mekanism but i saw a video with someone using it a bit in an ore x5 setup and it was pretty cool. Right now I'm just working on my tinkers consturct stuff, trying to find sliems etc.

If you find a slime island let me know and I'll do the same :p The amount of congealed slime blocks that tend to be up there is enough for tons of tool rods.

In feed the beast launcher , the private pack name is

MegaSharkPunch

Last edited:
In feed the beast launcher , the private pack name is

MegaSharkPunch

I should have posted that, I had to track it down myself.

If you look on Reddit there are a couple of texture packs that have been put together for it as well. A Soartex one and a Sphax one, possibly a third as well, for those who like texture packs.

Back