TDX with Brass Top.

Borgschulze

2[H]4U
Just thought I would show you guys what the TDX looks like with a Brass Top. :)

Picture%2015.jpg

Picture%2016.jpg

And why I bought the Brass Top, Zerex made the Lucite start cracking.
Picture%2017.jpg

I believe that clear material there is polycarbonate. Acetal comes in only two flavors (that I'm aware of): opaque black and opaque natural (a sort of beige-ish color).

I'd recommend using Pentosin/distilled as your new coolant.

Er, I meant Lucite...

My last coolant was Dex-Cool (Orange) and de-ionised water, my Maze 4 chipset block ran on that and it didn't do anything to it, still looks brand new.

Polycarbonate is lexan, which is waaaaaay stronger than acrylic, which is also known by other names such as "Lucite," "Perspex," "Plexiglas" and stuff.

and that brass top is sexy. I want to make love to it.

n00btard said:
Polycarbonate is lexan, which is waaaaaay stronger than acrylic, which is also known by other names such as "Lucite," "Perspex," "Plexiglas" and stuff.

and that brass top is sexy. I want to make love to it.

I wouldn't brag about being able to fit into that barb. :D

I hope you didn't mar the top's sexiness with disgusting fingerprints... it's soooooo frikkin' sexy.

n00btard said:
I hope you didn't mar the top's sexiness with disgusting fingerprints... it's soooooo frikkin' sexy.
Well I did... but that's because I lapped the other side, it came with a really gross looking bottom... the side you don't see... but I lapped it down to a nice smooth finish before I put it on.

I cleaned it up for the webcam picture :)

I like the heatspreader keychain. What processor?

Borgschulze said:
Well I did... but that's because I lapped the other side, it came with a really gross looking bottom... the side you don't see... but I lapped it down to a nice smooth finish before I put it on.

I cleaned it up for the webcam picture :)

You do realize that lapping the bottom of the top serves absolutely no purpose, right? Or did you mean you lapped the bottom of the block after putting the top on?

borgshulze's brass top had fingerprints on them before he cleaned it up for a picture, because he was holding the block while lapping off whatever disgusting shit that was stuck on the bottom of the block when it arrived. I think... damn, North America's educational system has really gone down hill.

nonlnear said:
You do realize that lapping the bottom of the top serves absolutely no purpose, right? Or did you mean you lapped the bottom of the block after putting the top on?
I lapped it because they didn't machine down the holes that they drilled, so the O-Ring wouldn't get squished all the way.

To help seal the block.

Borgschulze said:
I lapped it because they didn't machine down the holes that they drilled, so the O-Ring wouldn't get squished all the way.

To help seal the block.

Oh. That's scary quality control.
Sorry if I sounded hostile last post. I thought you were lapping the bottom of the top for shits 'n' giggles. Then again, there's nothing wrong with that either. After all, this is the [H].

nonlnear said:
Oh. That's scary quality control.
Sorry if I sounded hostile last post. I thought you were lapping the bottom of the top for shits 'n' giggles. Then again, there's nothing wrong with that either. After all, this is the [H].
Everything is better when it's flat and shiny right? :)

Sexy beast.. Was thinking about picking up a brass cap for my RBX. Thanks for the decision assistance. :D

~S~

Stabbin said:
Sexy beast.. Was thinking about picking up a brass cap for my RBX. Thanks for the decision assistance. :D

~S~
Later on I will probably grab a brass top for my Maze 4 chipset block too :)

Back