Steam year in review 2023

KickAssCop

[H]F Junkie
Post yours. For me Steam is irrelevant now. CS2 and World of Tanks is my son playing so you can clock about 300 sessions for me in the whole year.
Compare that to 3 full games completed on Ubi (Crew Motorsport, Ass Creed and Avatar) plus GR Breakpoint progress, 2 full games played on EA (Dead Space, Jedi Survivor), 1 full game on GOG (Phantom Liberty) and 2-3 full games on Blizzard (Diablo IV, Diablo Immortal, COD MW3) plus countless games on Game Pass (Hi Fi Rush, Starfield, TMNT, Streets of Rage 4, Halo, Forza Horizon 5, Forza Motorsport, Sniper Elite 5, Plague Tale 2 etc. etc.) and some on Epic (Alan Wake 2). Steam is really irrelevant for me now (maybe 10-15% of playtime as a platform and about less than 10% in terms of $ spend).

Attachments

• Steam Stats.png
    Steam Stats.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Been playing a lot of Borderlands lately since I'm in the B's on my backlog. I haven't played BL3 so I thought I would run through them all.
Been playing old games too because of that.

1703011275170.png

The big ones for me this year were Lies of P with 104hrs, RE4R with 90hrs, and now RDR2 currently at 107hrs and I'm only 40% complete on that :eek: . And as always daily ut2004 bot matches but I haven't even touched that in months.

Also put some hours into The Ascent but I stopped playing a little ways into the expansion, wasn't really liking it to much, but I still want to start new game+ sometime if I ever get around to it.

I picked up The whole Darksiders set for cheap back in August thinking they'd be a fun quick romp through but god damn, Darksiders 1 was so fucking annoying with its nonstop puzzles. You can hardly even call it an ARPG. Pretty much skipped part 2 as I've heard it's just as tedious, but I do want to play it sometime eventually. I actually really liked Darksiders 3 even though it ran like shit, with hardware that is plenty more than capable. I like the art style, although cartoony has a good look to it, and a very good Metriodvania level design also. And then I still got Genesis to run as well. I played a bit of it already. I like it.
stats.jpg

The big ones for me this year were Lies of P with 104hrs, RE4R with 90hrs, and now RDR2 currently at 107hrs and I'm only 40% complete on that :eek: . And as always daily ut2004 bot matches but I haven't even touched that in months.

Also put some hours into The Ascent but I stopped playing a little ways into the expansion, wasn't really liking it to much, but I still want to start new game+ sometime if I ever get around to it.

I picked up The whole Darksiders set for cheap back in August thinking they'd be a fun quick romp through but god damn, Darksiders 1 was so fucking annoying with its nonstop puzzles. You can hardly even call it an ARPG. Pretty much skipped part 2 as I've heard it's just as tedious, but I do want to play it sometime eventually. I actually really liked Darksiders 3 even though it ran like shit, with hardware that is plenty more than capable. I like the art style, although cartoony has a good look to it, and a very good Metriodvania level design also. And then I still got Genesis to run as well. I played a bit of it already. I like it.
View attachment 621265

Damn unreal is on Steam I knew Epic didn't carry it anymore. Guess it's not in Steam either it was at one time.

I'm a slacker compared to a lot of you guys. Though I've also been playing a lot of stuff on GamePass and Star Trek Online which aren't on Steam.
1703048358763.png

steam.png

I played Battle Bit for 48 hours which means I played on Steam for 77 hours this year.

I found this pretty interesting

1703105028680.png

Median Acheivements unlocked 16
Median Games Played 4
Median Longest Streak 5 days

There must be a lot of people that only play 1 game on Steam to bring the median that low.

I’m afraid that if I try this it’s just going to say something like… holy crap, get a life, guy. Although I actually didn’t spend that much time gaming this year.

Weirdly, the sheer number of games that were released this year actually made it harder for me to enjoy my hobby because I was constantly being distracted by new games I wanted to try.

Consequently, I feel like I have literally a dozen new titles, which I’ve barely started, that are all must-plays

I need a year without any releases to catch up for the onslaught of games from 2023.

Damn unreal is on Steam I knew Epic didn't carry it anymore. Guess it's not in Steam either it was at one time.
I didn't know that steam doesn't sell it anymore. Even Epic don't sell their own game? lol. I got the whole collection probably around ten years ago or so for super cheap. I only play 2004 though. Wondering though, if someone wanted to buy it, were do you get it? GoG?

I didn't know that steam doesn't sell it anymore. Even Epic don't sell their own game? lol. I got the whole collection probably around ten years ago or so for super cheap. I only play 2004 though. Wondering though, if someone wanted to buy it, were do you get it? GoG?
Nope. It's simply not for sale anymore new.

^wow, that's crazy and also doesn't make any sense. like why? wtf...
well anyways, one could always borrow a copy from their friend on the internet if they needed to ;)

^wow, that's crazy and also doesn't make any sense. like why? wtf...
well anyways, one could always borrow a copy from their friend on the internet if they needed to ;)

Epic stopped the online services for Unreal Tournament because it's so old. Sure you can play against bots, or use alternative services to play multiplayer. But they don't want to sell a multiplayer game they don't support anymore. People would be justifiably angry if they bought a multiplayer game they couldn't play.

If a game is 25 years old and not for sale anymore it's definitely ok to grab a copy from somewhere. You don't even need to install it, you can just drag and drop the folder. I play godlike instagib matches every once and a while to keep my aim and reflexes sharp.

Reactions: horse
like this
Hrmmm I don't think I have virtually any hours logged into Steam this year.
All my time on CP2077 and DoS2 as an example are all on GoG. Been trying to buy all my games over there.
I'll be playing BG3 on GoG as well.

Doesn't reflect where i spent my time too accurately since i'm on Bnet for hearthstone and MW3 all the time and Starfield on GamePass

1703162971962.png

e0ec009f-daf2-4868-8358-853901d5b79b.png stq.PNG

Steam doesn't agree with itself, so was it 15 or 17?

My steam year in review: 0 everything, got better deals on games elsewhere. :D I did buy street fighter 6, but didn't play it yet.

Back