SP2 program problems? solved?

all issues solved. (a long time ago actually...)

install sp2.

SkaarjMaster said:
That really doesn't help. Any links?

How about posting which programs you are most concerned with? Others may be able to provide a more "first hand" experience response if they run XPSP2 and the programs you list.

I was just wondering if there was some documentation or something that addresses each program in this list and says "OK, these now work and these still don't". I know some people that are waiting for me to try and upgrade to SP2 before they try it. I don't know all the programs they run yet though. I'm not at home right now to provide programs and version numbers. The only thing I know off-hand is I'm running an old version of Zone Alarm because of the problems Version 5 was causing people a while back. Wait, the computer I'm on now has the same version (4.5.594.000). Let me take a quick glance at that list again and I'll be back...........................
........OK, looks like my version of ZA as well as Kaspersky (switching to it next year) only has trouble with 64-bit operating systems so I'm fine there. I guess the only program left to wonder about is Virtual PC 2004. What is this for exactly (I have an idea) and have these issues been resolved? Also, any links that explain if some drivers issues have been resolved? Thank you.

SkaarjMaster said:
I guess the only program left to wonder about is Virtual PC 2004. What is this for exactly (I have an idea) and have these issues been resolved?

Virtual PC 2004 SP1 runs just fine under XP Pro SP2.

install sp2 really. If something gets screwed I owe you a cookie, ok?

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/security/drv_protect.mspx

OK, I look at this and it looks like I won't have any driver issues either (at least with the driver protection stuff). Anyone know a link that shows what old or new drivers just don't work with XP SP2? Don't worry, I'm seriously considering upgrading to SP2 at this point and most of my paranoia about my system still working, programs and drivers has been surpressed. I'm still investigating a few other things before I do it though. :D

Back