So let's say....

merlin704

The Great Procrastinator
I go and purchase the 120gb HDD for my X360. WIll it be possible for me to copy the contents of my 20gb HDD to the 120gb? If so, how will this be possible? Let me know as I am anxious to make the purchase.:)

You need a transfer cable. I believe you can call MS and ask for one.

Guys... it does come with a transfer cable as long as you are buying it retail.

Like if I buy the kit from newegg it will come with the cable?
Yes, I saw the press release for this and they call it a "kit' which includes the cable as well as a dvd with software to do the swap.

20GB harddrive? i thought it wa a 10GB harddrive?

i only have 9.6 GB left on the damn thing.. and there's nothing in my HDD :confused: :confused:

It's a 20 gig hard drive, but the actual space a hard drive contains is pretty much never what is advertised. The 80 gig hard drive I bought for my PC only has 74.4 gigs. Now, factor in that with the fact the Xbox 360 sets asside a few gigs for video game cache, and then the fact that the system comes pre-loaded with some music & videos, and it's even less. You can delete that pre-loaded stuff, which I did right away. I don't need to see a video on the Titanic, and 90% of the music sucked... in my opinion.

Oh, and like it has been mentioned, if you buy the 120 gig hard drive seperately it comes with a cable to transfer your data. I believe if you buy an Elite Xbox 360 you can order the cable from Microsoft (I think for free, but don't quote me on that), to move your data from your premium, to the new system.

20GB harddrive? i thought it wa a 10GB harddrive?

i only have 9.6 GB left on the damn thing.. and there's nothing in my HDD :confused: :confused:

When clean, you're 20GB HDD will have ~12.3GB free. If you have less ? You have downloaded stuff onto your drive.

System Tab/Memory --> Delete content.

*NBC SHOOTING STAR*************** ` . , . ` The More You Know!

Back