So I still can't decide

entropism

2[H]4U
OK, so I've been looking for a new display recently. The old Asus 26" VK266H has to go, which is sad because it's such a great display, despite being a TN screen.

I'm looking for a 24-27", either 1920x1200 or 1440P screen. Freesync is nice but not neccessary since I'm not looking to game past 60 FPS anyways (I stick to Warcraft and other blizzard games, hate FPS). The rest of my work will be web browsing, office work, Youtube, maybe the occasional hockey game, etc. I have a 50" in the next room for movies and actual TV. I have a feeling anything larger than 27" would just be a distraction and too much to look at, or I'd go with the HP Omen.

Don't really care about TN/IPS/VA as long as the colors are accurate and the screen looks good. This is the key for me. I have a Dell 2408WFP sitting next to me, but when I tried using it the colors were so super-saturated my eyes would be in agony after 20 minutes. Reds and greens were absolutely NEON, no matter what I did to adjust it.

Normally I'd jump on the "TN ARE SHIT!" bandwagon, but the Asus I'm using is absolutely fantastic. I'm always sitting directly in front of the monitor (about 2-2.5 feet back) so viewing angles aren't that big of a deal.

A few things I should mention: I have an RX480 8gb, not a GTX1080, so I'd like to avoid 4K screens. My card runs WoW great at 1200, should be fine at 1440, but 4K will most likely murder it. If I can use it at a lower resolution without sacrificing quality I would, but I assume running at a non-native res on LCDs are still a big no-no.

Also, I'm getting old(er). My eyes are starting to go (first pair of glasses incoming) so any text smaller than the standard sizing on my current 1920x1200 wouldn't be good.

Price: The cheaper the better, honestly, but I know some $150 Best Buy special isn't going to cut it. I'd say up to $500ish?

Thanks guys!

Back