Silicon Power 4TB nVME - 7200MB/s - $202 or $226

It appears I got the innogrit drive - and the results above are from the innogrit
1688082371947.png

Seems plenty fast enough

Reactions: Eymar
like this
I recently got the 2tb version as a boot drive. Thing is fast, damn fast. Very close to the tier 1 drives, these are TLC drives
View attachment 579159
View attachment 579160

You are looking at the wrong numbers.

The sequential numbers don't mean shit unless you are copying large files to and from equally fast media.

Instead look at the bottom two results on the left. The Random 4k numbers. Specifically the last one, the low queue depth random 4k reads. That is what will make your system responsive and your games load fast.

The Samsung 990 Pro has between 105MB/s and 110MB/s RND4K Q1T1 numbers. The sequential numbers are best ignored entirely except for some corner cases.

1689208902150.png

This drive benches literally half to 2/3rds in that category. That's approximately the same performance as my 1TB Samsung 970 EVO launched in 2018....

With that in mind, this is not a bad low cost 4TB drive, but I wouldn't call it a "fast king"

I would call it "ok for a cheap secondary slower drive".

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You are looking at the wrong numbers.

The sequential numbers don't mean shit unless you are copying large files to and from equally fast media.

Instead look at the bottom two results on the left. The Random 4k numbers. Specifically the last one, the low queue depth random 4k reads. That is what will make your system responsive and your games load fast.

The Samsung 990 Pro has between 105MB/s and 110MB/s RND4K Q1T1 numbers. The sequential numbers are best ignored entirely except for some corner cases.

View attachment 582981

This drive benches literally half to 2/3rds in that category. That's approximately the same performance as my 1TB Samsung 970 EVO launched in 2018....

With that in mind, this is not a bad low cost 4TB drive, but I wouldn't call it a "fast king"

I would call it "ok for a cheap secondary slower drive".
Silicon Power
1689221271059.png

WD850x
1689221588394.png

Ok so it's not top tier, but it's certainly fast enough for the majority of users, and most aren't going to be writing 4k blocks often

Back